We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moon palace

loudoun, va
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
moon palace

we just returned from a 7 day trip to cancun where we stayed at themoon palace. i must tell you that it is not all it is cracked up to be. it was a DUMP. our first room smelt so bad that we had to move and the second room was not much better. to top it off we are palace premier members and the hotel could care less. the food was the pits, the pool very dirty, the drinks were of poor quality, talk about montezumas revenge and there was NO water on tues afternoon through wed morning. they advertise that you can stay at one and play at all BUT you cannot play at any of them. the beach palace no longet exists, both the cancun and sun are under total reconstruction, the playacar has NO transportation and the adventura is ADULTS only. they are not very forthcoming with the info. should you decide to go to wet and wild, it is NOT worth it and it is also owned by palace resorts. very few rides were open there. the best food we had was when we took a cab on 2 ocassions to cancun city adn ate at bubba gumps and champions. just take note tha cancun was totally devasted by wilma and places like the moon palace which are open should not be. the westin (my 1st choice), hilton, marriott are all closed but scheduled to open in the summer months. the trees and flowers are gone, it looks like a war zone. wish i could say that all was good but it was not...i would at this point sell my timeshare of a song.

USA Transfers
Private Tours, Archaeology Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Canada Transfers
Swim with Dolphins, Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Archaeology Tours
Entertainment Plus
Private Tours, Archaeology Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Taxis & Shuttles
CARM Tours & Transfers
Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moon palace

Great, thanks a lot for the info, can't wait to get there on Friday. Talk about bursting my bubble, don't worry I have only been planning this trip for 7 months...

Advance, North...
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: moon palace

Don't let this "review" (if that's what you want to call it) burst your bubble. I have been post-Wilma and it is NOT the way this poster described it. I am not disputing that they may have experienced problems at MP but Cancun is not in bad shape any more. They have made great progress in repairing the damage. If you have never been you probably won't even notice most things that those of us who have been many times specifically look for. I have never in all the years I have been going seen the pool at MP dirty and as a pool owner I have very high pool cleaning and chemical standards! I love the food, don't know where they were eating that they got such awful food. No water for almost a day? That sounds somewhat far fetched to me, anyone else there when there was no water?

VacationQueen, if you had been reading this board at all within the last 6 months you would have known about the closed Palace Resorts or for that matter, IF you are Palace Premier members, why have you not read your emails from them informing you of what is going on with all the damaged resorts?????????I am sorry your vacation was so bad but here's my advise to you, Don't return to the MP, It leaves more room for the rest of us 'cause I LOVE IT THERE!

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: moon palace

FormyJoy,

Thanks again.

I know Wilma first hand, she visited my house at 5:30 in the morning after she left the Yucatan.

We are still recovering in South Florida as well but we did not get nearly the damage Cancun endured.

VacationQueen calling the MP a "Dump" is a little disturbing though.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: moon palace

I am shocked at such a negative comment. Vacationqueen57, it has been said many times regarding the status of the other Palace Resorts on this forum.

In keeping the rest of our "Bubbles" afloat, let me interject by saying my sister in law and her family of 5 just returned from the Moon Palace last weekend from Spring Break and she couldn't have said enough POSITIVE things about the Moon Place. She has even been at the Moon Palace pre Wilma. Let's just say by looking at her pictures (no dirty pool) June will not come fast enough for my family.

Vacationqueen57, I hope by venting you can sleep well tonight.

minnesota
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: moon palace

We also have just returned from spending spring break (4-7 through 4-14) down at the MP. The only drawback we could find was they were still in the process of replacing the furnitire in the rooms while we were there (ours had not been replaced yet).

We enjoyed everything else about the resort and they have come along way since Wilma.

I recommend people do the kitchen tour at the resort and before you go on it they show you a video of the Wilma footage during and after the storm at the resort and it is still pretty amazing what the resort went through and how it looks now.

Food and drinks were good and plenty of restaraunts to choose from (10 in all).

We certainly didn't let down.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
832 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: moon palace

I think vacationqueen57 is another moon palace basher. How is it that you wouldn't take the time to look on this website BEFORE you went on your trip. You would have known that the other palace resorts are under reconstruction had you taken the time.

SOunds fishy to me and a bit like another Moon Palace basher poster, who shall remain nameless for the moment.....;0

Ft. Worth, TX
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: moon palace

Id it really that bad? I heard they had made many of the repairs, based on the reviews I have read? I'm Hoping it's going to be going good in mid May.

Worcester, MA
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: moon palace

mexblast,

What sounds really fishy is that VQ57 says she is a Palace Premier member, and then goes on to complain that they promise you can go to the other various resorts but CP, BP and SP are all closed. How disinterested of a Premier member could you be that you would not be aware of the post-Wilma closings?!! I could see it if you havent been and aren't going to Cancun for 5 years, but if you are going to Moon Palace in April 2006? Come on. ;)

Also, that was her first and only post. I know that if I have a bad experience, the first thing that I do when I get home is not looking up new websites where I can post my experiences. Definitely sounds like a hatchet job.

Ssource, I would not get too nervous. All the other recent MP visitiors have said great things about the condition of the resort.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
832 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: moon palace

That's what I'm thinking Kris. I would disregard this post. Also, notice vacation queen did not post a review of the moon palace. Bogus.

cleveland,ohio
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: moon palace

My family of 5 just returned from the Moon Palace and LOVED IT!! We actually signed up for the Premier membership while we were there. My son and husband golfed twice and loved that as well!! The SPA is also pretty awesome! Anyone else out there members? If so, have you been happy with the membership and is it really worth it?