We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oasis resorts

boston ma
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
oasis resorts

could anyone tell me if any of these oasis resorts are good because they are all around the 700 hundred range and i am shocked they are that price because all the ratings on them are very low. i haven't seen one good rating for any of these chain resorts. even though they are all in my budget i am extremely cautious to ever book or stay at one.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
256 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oasis resorts

party atmosphere, average food, loud crowd. If you are just looking for a good time, its definitely a doable option. If you are looking for relaxation and elegant meals, I'd look elsewhere

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
819 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oasis resorts

We stayed at the Grand Oasis Palm a few years ago. The hotel was fine, the food decent, the beach is very shallow with no waves. Keep in mind that your paying for a 3* resort. If you think its going to be like the Ritz its not!! We would consider a return visit to this resort.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oasis resorts

It wasn't terrible; I would definitely go with the Oasis Grand vs the Oasis, we got really sick of the food really fast, the rooms and facilities were alright though as long as you're just going there to party and tan. It's on my favourite strip of beach of all the hotels in Cancun and Mayan that we've stayed in, its nothing fancy but for $700 it's reasonable.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oasis resorts

During the "Great Swine Flu Scare of 09", I took 11 of my family to the Oasis Palm Beach. The only reason I did was because I got it for $208.00 US a person including flights, transportation, ect. I was very pleasently surprised, ecspecialy with the food. It was better than quite a few of the much higher rated resorts I have stayed at. They are older and dated, but if the price is right, hey, your in Cancun....

boston ma
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: oasis resorts

thankyou everyone for your responses, like i said before i have looked at certain resorts like oasis viva, oasis cancun, oasis palm,oasis sens, and they all have a 3 star rating which makes me surprised they are in the 700 range considering we have been to ocean maya royale and a few others which were in that range and seemed to have a lot higher ratings. I am 36 and my hubby is 45 and we might be headed with another couple around the same age group so we are looking to just tan and hang by the pool and drink of course.we do need more entertainment than the live aqua although nice but no nightly shows or any kind of entertainment so that was a little too relaxed.

CNY
Level Contributor
463 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: oasis resorts

We stayed at Grand Oasis Cancun last month and were beyond pleasantly surprised! We're 48 and traveled with our 12 year old, daughter in her 20s ans her 30 year old bf. We all loved it. The only one who was bored with the food was my 12 year old picky eater. I liked that there were a la carte restaurants open for lunch. Shows in the lobby were great! They really seem to have the entertainment concept down, but the resort is large enough to find quiet places to relax as well.

If you do book, make sure you upgrade to Grand. It's like staying in a different hotel. My husband and I are planning to go back without kids next time so we can enjoy the nightlife more.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: oasis resorts

Upgrade to Grand, either at oasis palm or oasis cancun and stay at their Pyramid section in the latter.

CNY
Level Contributor
463 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: oasis resorts

We stayed in Playa 2 ocean view. It was one of the upgraded rooms. I believe all the rooms on the top two floors of playa 2 that face the ocean are the same type. We loved it!

Mark, why do you recommend the pyramid? Just curious.

9. Re: oasis resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2013, 10:15