We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun of Cancun GCP or Luxury of Aventura Spa Palace

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fun of Cancun GCP or Luxury of Aventura Spa Palace

All the info on this site is excellent, except sometimes it makes the choice that much harder! Soooo.....looking for opinions! We're 30-something looking for some fun in the sun. Heading down for 2 weeks mid-may and trying to choose between the activities of GCP in Cancun and the luxury of Aventura Spa Palace (and the many included excursions, ie Playa del Carmen, ruins, Cozumel, xchange priviledges with other Palace resorts, etc). Our only concern about Aventura is that it might be a bit more tranquil with not enough daily activities (volleyball, water skiing, etc). We would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you!

USA
Level Contributor
750 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun of Cancun GCP or Luxury of Aventura Spa Palace

I have only stayed at GCPS, and this is probably going to be biased because of that, but if your looking for fun, GCPS is the place for you.

The Tiki bar is always rocking until 3 am sometimes longer and they have great club trips to Coco Bongo and places like that at a great price.

Iowa
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun of Cancun GCP or Luxury of Aventura Spa Palace

GCPS has a beach, Aventura does not.

Okie
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun of Cancun GCP or Luxury of Aventura Spa Palace

Take the fun over luxury....save the luxury for your later years when you can't or won't want to do the daily activities you mentioned

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Pittsburgh, Cancun
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun of Cancun GCP or Luxury of Aventura Spa Palace

Aventura has a very difficult rock climbing wall, a great gym, yoga, water volleyball, tango lessons, kyacking, snorkeling, and golfing at Moon or Playacar Palace. Great included tours and the spa is out of this world!

Also remember when you stay at Aventura you can use any of the othe Palace Resorts facilities.

Soooo take luxury! We did and it is wonderful!!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Pittsburgh, Cancun
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun of Cancun GCP or Luxury of Aventura Spa Palace

I forgot to mention that Aventura also has lighted tennis courts, a lap pool, an indoor pool with sound therapy, a 12 obstacle fitness trail, a full service aerobic studio, entertainment and live music at poolside and in the lobbies (dancing at night), a disco, a dive tank, 10 restauants, and is only 15 minutes to Playa del Carmen.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,942 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun of Cancun GCP or Luxury of Aventura Spa Palace

I love luxury and I love fun. So I can see why this is a hard decisions. Most resorts seem to be either or, not both. Can you do one week at each? Maybe a good option for you.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
7,933 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fun of Cancun GCP or Luxury of Aventura Spa Palace

I think there are better luxury resorts than ASP that actually have a beach. I'd go with GCP.

Miami
Level Contributor
406 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fun of Cancun GCP or Luxury of Aventura Spa Palace

ParisinJuly and Reallady, you can find all the luxury and comfort of Aventura Spa Palace at 5-star hotels in many cities in North America, including Vancouver, Pittsburgh, or Las Vegas.

The point of going to Cancun is enjoying the gorgeous beach you don't have at any of the above locations. With over 150 hotels in the area, choosing one without a beach is a ridiculous waste of your money.

Besides, Aventura is totally isolated, about an hour away by taxi from the rest of the resort and amenities in the area. Will you bear the expense of traveling to another country just to be stuck inside a resort that probably looks very much like that 5-star hotel in your own city?

GCPS not only has a beach. It has arguably the best beach area in all of Cancun.

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fun of Cancun GCP or Luxury of Aventura Spa Palace

Having been to both in the recent years...

GCPS hands down.

What's luxury for you? Plush robes or one of the best beaches under the sun?

ASP is... well, style over substance. Yes, the spa and gym are spectacular. Nice marble and stained glass. Big whoop. Huge, crowded, stinky lagoon instead of beach, impersonal, blah, no place to go at night.

ASP was our first trip to Mexico so we were impressed. Year after though, we went to GCPS and I was ticked off that we didn't stay here first.

The only good thing about ASP was that BEFORE you could visit nearby Xpu-Ha (phenomenal beach there), but it's no longer open.

So don't let the glossy Palace brochures fool you like I did. Stay at GCPS, you won't regret it.

n

Toronto
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fun of Cancun GCP or Luxury of Aventura Spa Palace

What hotel is "GCP" or some say "GCPS"?