We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace resorts armbands? bracelets?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,309 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Palace resorts armbands? bracelets?

Saw this in another thread:

Silver bands are fine and get us mostly the same perks as the black and black diamond bracelets (what's next - gold bracelets?). When we joined there were ONLY silver bracelets.>>>>>>

Anyone have a breakdown of what all the kinds of armbands and/or bracelets are at Palace resorts, and which are best/worst?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palace resorts armbands? bracelets?

LaTA3- There is 15 different colors and some are paper not plastic. Seriously

My memory is shot on the different colors, I used to know them all.

Black diamond- Highest, they spend a lot of money

Black-VIP

Silver- Member too, forgot there exact title.

White- Concierge, but just booked thru say Orbitz, travel agent etc.

Purple- Under 18

Pink- Wedding groups, don't remember if bride/groom or everyone- room cat. don't matter.

Green- RCI 7x4, or maybe that is apple vacations bookers???

Orange- like White but oceanview, lagoon, resortview.

There are several more, RCI crowd has a color, I am forgetting at least a few RED??? There is one for red too. Honeymooners?

Day passes- Paper not plastic

They just ID what kinda person, or reservation you have. Which is best? I guess Black diamond, in 3 trips to palace resorts so far I have only seen one of those. She told me how much they spend, and I was like WOWWWWW!!!, over $100,000 I don't remember the exact number now.

Edited: 29 August 2012, 16:14
Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palace resorts armbands? bracelets?

HI,

We've only stayed at Sun Palace (4 years in a row) and have gotten different band colors each time.

I happy to say, it didn't matter what color band we had ~ we were treated the exact same way each time with awesome service, food, wine, etc.

I think they just use the different colors to differentiate between members, non members, website reservations, RCI, etc.

It is interesting though to see who has what... I can't wait to see the Black Diamond - of course I'll 'ewww and ahhh!'

~Sharon

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
5,671 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palace resorts armbands? bracelets?

When we were at Playacar Palace we had pink ones and that was only because we had one of the honeymoon suites....we weren't even on our honeymoon...too funny!! I think it helps the timeshare people too as they even try to get the members to upgrade etc. It is not like once your a member they don't bug you anymore...they bug you to upgrade to a higher level!! We have been lucky through the years...we just say no....have been to the presentation before (even though we haven't) and they never bother us again.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,309 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palace resorts armbands? bracelets?

Thanks, we are to have black, so that seems pretty good!

I've dealt with the bracelets before, plastic and then the fancier ribbon with wood bead for upgraded, at other resorts.

But that just seemed confusing, but C-busDawg cleared it up well, thanks!

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palace resorts armbands? bracelets?

We had gold bands at the Moon Palace this year and it was really amusing every time Palace Members asked us why we had gold bands. They thought they were missing out in something and we had some special membership!

..... It was a package holiday we were on. We are not members are we're treated really well by all the staff. I don't see how you can get treated any better. ;-)

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palace resorts armbands? bracelets?

I really think 'we' the guests should be able to choose what color bands we want! After all, orange, green, pink, etc. may not coordinate with all my vacation clothes! LOL

~S

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
225 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palace resorts armbands? bracelets?

What if you fall into more than one category? Like you are a honeymooner who is also a member? Would the "better" category prevail, or would you get to pick which one you wanted?

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palace resorts armbands? bracelets?

Green is Apple Vacations, Yellow is other TA booked....Funjet. Pink is honeymooners, It may have changed in recent years, but white used to be no-AI option. (I don't know if that's even an option any more). In '07 we had to stay at Cancun Palace (because of WIlma) where they didn't know us. The green bracelets tend to fade to white after some time in the sun and water. We had a bartender try to charge us for a round of drinks at the pool one day late in our stay when our bracelets had faded to almost all white. I've seen food menus at the pool bar at BP with prices on them, so maybe no-AI is still available.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palace resorts armbands? bracelets?

Arseneg- There is no non-AI option anymore, the menu's are just holdovers.

On the flip-side, your right Yellow not Orange is the color for Resort-Lagoon-Oceanview bookings for people who book on Orbitz etc.

Clear white was the color not white for Concierge level for above bookings thru Orbitz etc.

Red and Pink loop me one is honeymooners, one is wedding groups.

I thought Green was Apple but I wasn't positive.

Orange? Just a fruit for your drink? (laugh)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,309 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palace resorts armbands? bracelets?

Well, at least it should be a colorful place! LOL