We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Crown Paradise as a couple, any questions??

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
80 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Crown Paradise as a couple, any questions??

I don't see why there is so much hating done on the CPC, for the price it's great.

I went as a couple so I don't know anything about kids activities.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
713 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Crown Paradise as a couple, any questions??

We are going as a couple in November, did you stay in a club room and if so what did you think? What were the perks like?

What was adult only pool like, music played or quiet?

What did you think of the food and drinks?

Any suggestions?

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
231 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Crown Paradise as a couple, any questions??

We are visiting during end of november, we are 2 adults and 2 kids opt to stay at standard plus all inclusive room (costco deal) hope this should be fine. (we are not looking something 5 star service but expect clean, conform, safe, good service and kids friendly activities) also I like to know your opinion on food, specifically is there any options for vegans.

also this is our first time visit to cancun and we are staying there for 8 nights, any recommendations for sight seeing and other activities?

any other tips? please share.

dillsburg
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Crown Paradise as a couple, any questions??

Stayed there last year and am going back this October. Just me and my wife. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was well worth the upgrade price. Spent all of our time on the beach and in the bars. Had a blast. Plenty of kids around and they didn't bother us a bit. Food got repetitive by the end of the week, but that is normal for an AI. Can't wait to go back! An all inclusive week in cancun, at a great beach, in a honeymoon suite, including airfare for less than 2k. Great value for the money!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
713 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Crown Paradise as a couple, any questions??

Dave r - did you book the honeymoon suite before you went or at the resort? If at resort do you know how much it was extra per night?

Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Crown Paradise as a couple, any questions??

Is it busy?

Are there many people around the age of 16 there?

dillsburg
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Crown Paradise as a couple, any questions??

Jamie

We booked the base trip through Expedia. $777pp out of BWI. We selected an upgraded non stop flight and the club room bringing the total to $900pp. As I did last year, I contacted the hotel and reserved the honeymoon suite for an extra $35 per night and paid at check in. Very smooth process. The honeymoon suites are are the best rooms in the hotel.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Crown Paradise as a couple, any questions??

How close were you to Downtown? Sounds like a great place I am looking to go back in January!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
164 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Crown Paradise as a couple, any questions??

The Crown Club rooms are definately worth upgrading to, lovely rooms on high floors with great views and a nice big jacuzzi. Also the room have a refridgerator which is stock daily.

Myself and my girlfriend had a great time here, if you get involved in the pool sports and go for drinks in the adults pool you are bound to find people to hang out with and have fun. Like i said in my review i cant understand why people complain about not getting 5 star service when they dont pay a 5 star price. For the price you pay for this hotel it is great.

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Crown Paradise as a couple, any questions??

CP is close to the airport, not close to downtown. However, it is just a bus ride away and the bus stop is very close to CP. Definitely do the Crown Club rooms in the newer building-they are much nicer. I agree with Joey...this resort is an excellent bargain. It is certainly not top of the line by any stretch, but by chosing the Crown Club rooms it really makes for an excellent vacation that you don't have to break the bank for! Enjoy!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
80 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Crown Paradise as a couple, any questions??

@jamierobbo –

We stayed in a Honeymoon suite and it was definitely worth the upgrade. I heard the crown rooms were nice too. You will receive a purple wristband if you stray in either of these rooms which entitles you to access the club lounge on the 8th floor where you can have a nice breakfast, use the internet, and book restaurants for that day or the next day. You can also get a few cocktails up here. Club and Honeymoon rooms also come with a mini fridge stocked daily with 2 cokes, 2 diet cokes, 2 sprites, 4 beers, 2 sparkling waters, and 2 regular waters.

In short, pay the extra for a nicer room like the Club room or Honeymoon suite. I booked the honeymoon suite ahead of time and noticed that this room got sold out well in advance so I wouldn’t plan on upgrading once you get there. I think they only have 8 honeymoon suites.

The drinks were alright, nothing special but definitely not bad. The food at the restaurants was very good. The buffet for breakfast was good but I didn’t really care for the lunch or dinner. Room service and the snack bars just had the basics like burgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, etc. and they were ok. They have a Chinese place open for lunch and it was above average. Overall the food was alright as long as you eat in the restaurants for dinner!

@kaks1 –

If you aren’t expecting a 5 star hotel you shouldn’t have any problems with this hotel. The staff is constantly cleaning and we didn’t have any issues with anything being dirty. The hotel zone and this hotel are very safe. I didn’t use any of the kids’ activities but it looked like there was a lot to do.

-As for activities, we did a dolphin swim, drove to Coba (Mayan Ruins), snorkeled in a couple cenotes, took the ferry to Isla Mujeres, and snorkeled with whale sharks. I’d definitely recommend the cenotes, ruins, and Isla Mujeres. The dolphin swim was also awesome! We chose to visit Coba over Chichen Itza because I heard you might not be able to climb to the top of the Coba pyramid after this year (who knows if this is true).

@Ghoulishzombi...

From the reviews I read, I thought everything would be packed and it would be impossible to find spots to sit but this wasn’t the case. Besides 1 morning at the buffet, there were always ample places to sit. We had no trouble getting drinks at the bars, booking restaurants, or finding chairs by the beach or pool. I’m thinking this probably isn’t the norm because we went during August (hurricane season) but we had no issues with things being busy.

I didn’t notice many 16 year olds. The crowd I saw was mainly 21+ or families.

@5unshine4ever

The hotel is farther away from downtown compared to others but I wouldn’t let that influence your decision.