We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip in Playa Del Carman

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon, Ohio
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day trip in Playa Del Carman

I would like to spend a day at Playa Del Carman. Shop eat some lunch,maybe swim. Can i take the bus,and where do i catch the bus at?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip in Playa Del Carman

You can take the ADO bus from the downtown bus station. It will be about $4. They leave often.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip in Playa Del Carman

The ADO will make a momentary stop in Puerto Morelos then hit the PDC terminal about 30-40 minutes later. The main terminal is on 5th and Juarez, one block from the beach and very nice park where the Cozumel ferry docks. This is also just about the beginning of the pedestrian 5th ave for shopping, dining, etc. The beach from there heading north is pretty much free for the parking of your towel and swimming. A number of beach clubs also available.

Oregon, Ohio
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip in Playa Del Carman

O.K. what is the ADO bus and where is the terminal in Cancun. Thank You for the info.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip in Playa Del Carman

ADO is the name of the company that owns the buses.

You would need to take the city bus from the hotel zone to the downtown bus station. From there, you walk inside, and get the bus to Playa.

Oregon, Ohio
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip in Playa Del Carman

SWEET, it sounds easy enoungh.Thank you

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip in Playa Del Carman

The only thing missing is the website, here it is:

www.ticketbus.com.mx

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip in Playa Del Carman

Sorry! I guess we all thought your were an ADO expert!

It a first class busline. A/C, TV, clean, inexpensive, comfortable, cargo compartment below for luggage, carry-on space(backback, etc) above seats, and toilet facility. It's the only way I go while traveling from Cancun to parts south.

Edited: 18 September 2012, 16:57
Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip in Playa Del Carman

You don't need to buy advance tickets to take the bus, they go about every 15 minutes.

Dallas
Level Contributor
292 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip in Playa Del Carman

My daughter and I took the hotel zone bus from the Krystal Hotel to a drop off near the Ado bus terminal. It was a short walk. We got a round trip ticket then got on the Ado bus. We were so surprised to see how nice and clean and comfortable it was. TVs, luggage racks, comfortable seats, air conditioned, and big. We thought it was much nicer than our Greyhounds. And it was very inexpensive for our trip to Playa Del Carmen.

We decided to go to Cozumel since the ferry port is right there in Playa Del Carmen. We were able to see both places in one day. Although we got back to our hotel very late but it was well worth it.

I would definitely recommend it.

10. Re: Day trip in Playa Del Carman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 03:18