We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get the royal cheap!!!

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
93 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
how to get the royal cheap!!!

Just got the upgrade from basic room at grand carbie to the royal for $320!!!!!! I saved over $600... The trick is to book the grand caribe then call the hotel for an upgrade.. The upgrade was $80 pee night, not per person!!! This is a huge savings and great deal.. I'm so excited!! See you next week royal

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get the royal cheap!!!

Good luck...You may be placed in a room with double beds...don't pee and moan later...

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
93 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get the royal cheap!!!

i requested a king bed and she put it in for that

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get the royal cheap!!!

I'm glad you got what you wanted, but I don't think it's a good idea to advise others to do this. The Royal is very popular and if it had been at capacity, or had nothing but the more expensive rooms left, you wouldn't have gotten that deal.

Have a great vacation.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
93 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get the royal cheap!!!

It actually is good advice. If you want the Royal do exactly what I did.. Before I booked ANYTHING.. I called Real Resorts and said I am staying this date and want to know how much it costs to upgrade from the bottom of the line room at the Grand Caribe to The Royal.. She searched the computer and said the price would be $80 a night. I then said Ill call you right back with my reservation number and then I placed my trip with Travelocity at the Gran Caribe.. I then called back Real Resorts and asked for the woman who helped me earlier, she remembered me by name and did the upgrade. Upon speaking to her about everything she said people do this a lot. All you need to do is call RIGHT before you book the Gran Caribe and make sure they have availability at the Royal and the upgrade is possible and then your good to go!

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get the royal cheap!!!

Like I said, I don't want to hear anything about the bedding situation...You have been warned, also no peeing and moaning about having to sit thru a time share presentation...

6. Re: how to get the royal cheap!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2012, 11:13
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
93 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to get the royal cheap!!!

We aren't old enough and not married so we won't qualify for the time share presentation.. I am also able to select my room 48 hours before

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how to get the royal cheap!!!

Good for you.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how to get the royal cheap!!!

Wow. It's almost highway robbery (sarcasm implied). Betcha don't get EVERYTHING you think you will.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
93 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how to get the royal cheap!!!

Sounds like a lot of people are pissed they have to pay full price lol