We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living Social Deals

illinois
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Living Social Deals

Wondering if anyone on here has ever purchased a living social deal online and used it and it was successful? Seems the deals are too good to be true.

PA
Level Contributor
495 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Living Social Deals

I have one for Sandos Cancun, and I am going next week. I will let you know how it goes!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Living Social Deals

I have used them many times but just once for there travel deals it worked out to be a great deal for me, there a good company I believe amazon owns part of them.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,718 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Living Social Deals

There have been several posts about Groupon and Living Social deals that have showed up here... for example, type living social (in quotes) into the search box above your post and then click the magnifying glass - to return those posts. My advice, if you choose to pursue, would be to read ALL the print and fine print.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Living Social Deals

I use them in Glasgow alot. Never had any problems with them , just read the small print carefully.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
989 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Living Social Deals

We just recently used one for travel and had no issues at all!!

PA
Level Contributor
495 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Living Social Deals

Well, we are back from our trip to Sandos Cancun through Living Social, and it was way better than I had expected. I wouldn't hesitate to use Living Social again, and I definitely would recommend Sandos Cancun!!!

Oakdale, Minnesota
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Living Social Deals

I used them for a hotel stay, never again will I use them. I paid for the hotel voucher in March and when I went on vac in Oct, I showed up to the hotel and my reservation had been cancelled because living social had not paid the hotel. It was a huge hassle and I had to pay out of pocket to stay at the hotel because I could not get through to anyone at living social while I was at the hotel.

PA
Level Contributor
495 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Living Social Deals

Karen - that is terrible! I am surprised the hotel even gave you a confirmation before getting paid by Living Social first. sounds like somebody dropped the ball here, and I hope you get compensated!

NY
Level Contributor
179 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Living Social Deals

A good travel agent will call ahead to confirm your hotel reservation. In the internet booking age, it's a good habit to do that for yourself to avoid these kinds of hassles, even when they are not your own fault.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,933 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Living Social Deals

I fell out of love with Groupon and Livingsocial and all those because you can get as good value by just shopping around yourself.

I was also "burned" by a travel company who went bust and never paid for my hotel. I arrived into a hotel in Riga,Latvia and they didn't have great English and I didn't have Latvian. One company booked with another, they booked with a german company and they were supposed to pay. Middle company didn't pay last company so last company didn't pay hotel. I eventually got refunded but now I do everything as much as by myself and I always get in touch with the hotels in advance.

I'm going away for one night in a few weeks, booked it in April this year and even in April I had them confirm it was paid.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...................

In saying that I just found an unused window cleaning voucher from 8 months ago. I wonder will they guy honour it. LOL

I would never buy a large value item on those websites. Services like cheapo meals and one night hotels but never a holiday. You often see great city breaks BUT you must buy your meals in the hotel and MUST buy travel insurance from them making it nearly as expensive as just going by yourself and booking it.