We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive Fees at Moon Palace through RCI

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive Fees at Moon Palace through RCI

Hi,

I wanted to book the Moon Palace through my RCI timeshare points in Dec. I realised that the all inclusive rates were ridiculous, to put it mildly. $3531 pp (http://ai.rci.com/displayResort?id=4227)!

Is this what people normally pay? If I book the resort through their website I pay $3800 for two during the same time. What is exactly my RCI points getting me? I fail to understand...

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,426 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive Fees at Moon Palace through RCI

Perhaps that is a question for RCI. I don't find any value in their program.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive Fees at Moon Palace through RCI

What dates are you looking at?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive Fees at Moon Palace through RCI

I just had a look at the rates for Dec. 14 - 21 (didn't know your dates) and the rate is $2002 C$ for two for 7 nights (hotel with the all inclusive option). My sister tried to use her friends RCI at the moon palace once and it was not worth it at all.

Maybe your dates are different though or more nights???

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive Fees at Moon Palace through RCI

My dates are from 23-30th December. Unfortunately, my dates are not flexible. At this point I've given up on the moon palace but I would still like to know why I'm being charged such ridicouls rates even though I'm using my RCI points. I contacted RCI and there reply was that, "it is what it shows". It seems that RCI

is useless at least when going to Mexico or the Carribean.

P.s I tried calling the resort to clarify the rates but there phones were down.

Edited: 13 October 2012, 23:56
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusive Fees at Moon Palace through RCI

My dates are from 23-30th December. Unfortunately, my dates are not flexible. At this point I've given up on the moon palace but I would still like to know why I'm being charged such ridicouls rates even though I'm using my RCI rates. I contacted RCI and their reply was that, "it is what it shows". It seems that RCI

is useless at least when going to Mexico or the Carribean.

P.s I tried calling the resort to clarify the rates but there phones were

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive Fees at Moon Palace through RCI

That seems ridiculous, becaue for your dates at the Moon Palace for two in C$ inc. all taxes and fees and all inclusive it is $3580 (nothing extra). That is what I would charge any joe blow off the street.

Crazy and frustrating.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusive Fees at Moon Palace through RCI

Maybe the RCI site is outdated or wrong. Maybe they were suppose to list the AI rate in pesos...I will try to contact the resort again because this doesn't seem reasonable at all.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All Inclusive Fees at Moon Palace through RCI

No, but like I said, my sister ran into a similiar problem at the Moon Palace with points and that was about 5 years ago (give or take). Seems ridiculous.

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All Inclusive Fees at Moon Palace through RCI

Consider booking thru a Palace member. Although Christmas-New years week is a lot more than usual, it's no where near that RCI quote. I would think RCI has made a mistake as I think most of their AI choices are given for 2. PM me if you want more member info.

10. Re: All Inclusive Fees at Moon Palace through RCI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 11:18