We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free grocery stores

Aurora, Illinois
6 posts
Save Topic
Gluten free grocery stores

My son has a gluten intolerance. We will be staying at a condo to be able to cook his special meals. Does anyone know where I can shop for gluten free food? Are there any restaurants that are gluten free friendly for kids? Thanks.

Va
Level Contributor
10,986 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten free grocery stores

Mexico for all intents and purposes is essentially a 3rd world country where most people are lucky to eat at all. Finding special diet requirements is a challenge and I would be super cautious of what you may find to the point that if it were my child, I would bring food from home rather than risk what you may find there. Granted, you may well have no issue at all, but I wouldn't take a chance.

Aurora, Illinois
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten free grocery stores

Do you know what foods we cannot bring in to the country? Or where I can find out?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten free grocery stores

You can't bring fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, uhh, stuff like that. I usually bring energy bars and snacks when I travel (I'm vegetarian, and sometimes have trouble finding stuff on long travel days). I haven't had a problem, but I don't bring tons.

Va
Level Contributor
10,986 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten free grocery stores

As a general rule as long as it is packaged and unopened, you can bring it in. As peter said, nothing raw. Here is some good information bajabound.com/before/permits/agriculture.php

You can also check with the mexican consulate to see if there are any exemptions you can get if there is something you want to take, but it is not allowed since you have a medical condition.

5. Re: Gluten free grocery stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2013, 10:17