We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Silversands v.s. secrets Capri

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Secrets Silversands v.s. secrets Capri

We have vacationed at Secrets Maroma twice, Secrets St. James, and Secrets Huatulco. We are considering Secrets Silversands or

Capri. Any suggestions. We enjoy oceanfront rooms, looking at the

Carribean not necessarily swimming and relaxing on the beach

Any advice would be appreciated

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Silversands v.s. secrets Capri

Silversands is much more modern, very modern architecture/decor, ambience, it just seems to have a funner attitude... we loved it, still one of top 3 favourite resorts ever. Capri is older in age and atmosphere, more old world/Mediterranean vibe. Also much farther from Cancun. The beach at the Silversands isn't amazing - the beach itself is nice but the water does have a bit of foliage, but there's no shortage of stunning pools. I believe (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) restaurants are the same.

Would love to hear what you thought of Secrets Huatulco, we're headed there Dec 31.

dorset
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Silversands v.s. secrets Capri

SSS has many more pools & restaurants. I absolutely loved it there, and it is now my all round favourite resort. The beach sounds like it would be fine for you needs being as you mentioned you are not too bothered about swimming.

We met a couple while we were there who said they had also been to Maroma, and apart from the beach, everything at SSS was on a par but a lot less money!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,014 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Silversands v.s. secrets Capri

Secrets Capri was our first Secrets experience back in 2005, I believe. We really loved it, but I think SSS has since become more of a favorite for me. Capri is, like banker said, more of an older/Mediterranean style. It's got some nice character. Very small resort with one main pool. The beach was terrible back then because it was right after Wilma had gone thru. We are pool people, so it didn't matter to us. Food, drinks, service, rooms - all were great. Capri is a preferred resort, so all rooms are such. We were impressed with the nightly enterainment at Capri - one night was a Mexican Fiesta, Monday Night Football party out on the beach, a rock band on the beach........etc.

SSS is definately more modern, which is what I love. I also love how the resort is layed out, with various buildings spread out on the property, each of which had a small pool out front. We were upgraded to preferred ocean front on that trip, so our room and location were amazing. Great food, drinks, and service once again. I just liked the layout and decor of SSS better. However, their nightly entertainment was quite lacking when we were there (right after swine flu). They had a nice outdoor "lobby bar" with a nightly band, but it seemed to be the same each night. There was a sports bar inside, but it was never open. We didn't experience any of the other nightly activities like Capri had.

I would return to SSS before Capri, although both live up to the Secrets standards - as you have learned yourself.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Silversands v.s. secrets Capri

I would recommend SSS over Capri, have stayed at both, Capri is not set up the same as the other Secrets resorts as it is one of their first resorts. I do not think they compare at all, hands down SSS.

5. Re: Secrets Silversands v.s. secrets Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 10:16