We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshare

arizona
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Timeshare

Hotel assures us that it would be 90 minutes but now they are saying they need more time! Ugh why did I get trapped! Secrets The Vine should be more honest!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timeshare

Any place that sells timeshares is not honest.Thats assuming too much.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timeshare

Set your watch alarm for 90 minutes, and be prepared to get up and leave when it goes off. You've fulfilled your part of the deal, make them do the same.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,134 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timeshare

Just say NO to timeshares...in any form...by any name.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timeshare

90 minutes can very easily turn into 3 or 4 hours. Don't do it!!!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,134 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timeshare

How did you get trapped into a timeshare presentation? Is that required for any reservation at that hotel or is it a "deal" that carries with it a presentation?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Timeshare

If they were such a great deal they wouldn't have to basically pay people to attend the pitch. People would seek them out.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Timeshare

Don't do it !!!!

There is another thread that just started today, it's called" Cancun, Gran Caribe Real are rookies". You should read this, classic example of what will happen to you.

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Timeshare

The Royal Resorts is the only company that I am aware of that the sales presentation doesn't last 3 or 4 hours. They didn't promise us any deals. We visited with friends and really like the Royal Sands. Ask about more info and we told the repr what we were interested in and they gave us a list of available units. We were there a little over an hour. We didn't purchase the first year but did the next year. We vacationed with friends at The Mayan resort in Nuevo Vallarta. We told them we weren't interested, but our friends wanted to see more and the 90 minute presentation lasted a little over 3 hours. All I can say is we love our Royal Sands unit, look forward to going every year. Our neighbors gave us their Florida Timeshare that we use to trade and we go to Cancun 2 weeks straight every year.

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Timeshare

It's a tale as old as time.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Timeshare

I do not know about you but I work extremely hard all year and my vacation time is extremely precious to me. Half an hour to get there, 90 minutes presntation or more and another 30 minutes to come back...I could be on the beach playing with my kids. Defenitely not for me.