We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At Fiesta Americana Condesa now..

maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
At Fiesta Americana Condesa now..

Hi I have been here for 2 nights and have 4 to go... place is ok... If you have kids this place stinks... This place is geared for Spanish speaking people BIG time.. The kids club tiny tiny tiny.. all activities like movies ect .. only open till 5pm So can't use them to have a quiet dinner.. no kids menus of any kind in restaurants.. teen club is bad also.. tiny with one xbox and one wi but both in Spanish as well as the movie.. Only one channel on tv in English.. Pools are nice , Food ok , Spa ok.. booked a jr suite have it on the first floor I would be worried about children on higher floors The balcony edge only has a knee wall that is 30" high .. The bathroom is ridiculous there is a high 3 foot ( not kidding ) to climb up to get into the Shower. will write a full review when I get back .. We stayed at Dreams Riviera Cancun for our first 5 nights and this place does not even come close,,

MN
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: At Fiesta Americana Condesa now..

Hi - I am suprised by your thoughts of the place. I cannot comment on the kids club as I have not heard much about it, but have heard almost all postive thoughts about the place. How is the service ? Heard that was top notch.

Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: At Fiesta Americana Condesa now..

Can you tell me about the daily activities. I've seen some postings about them but nothing very detailed. Also is there a cafe to get lattes and coffee? Is the Gran Melia within walking distance....Im dying to see their lobby?

Edited: 02 November 2012, 20:14
maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: At Fiesta Americana Condesa now..

Hi all just got back from downtown Cancun.. Man haven't been to the Market in years and not going back that place was crazy.. Well what I don't like about this resort is that it is geared for Spanish speaking people.. We went to the buffet with the kids when we got back and there was not one thing the kids could eat but salad and fruit... We had to get room service again.. Lol. This place would be ok if we were not with children.. But like I said the web site lies the kids and teen clubs are small boxes with not many activities . around the pool the have scheduled activities but no one shows up so can't play like volleyball.. also for example they have bingo at the pool everyday put they play 3 quick games and you can't understand the numbers because they rattle them off so fast in broken english..As well as any announcements we just look at each other and say what did they say.. lol And the beds are very hard I have asked for a mattress pad like an egg shell or something and had to ask three different people ( most of the staff even the concierge do not speak or understand english well at all ) .. and I got a basic mattress protector.. lol.. Yes there is a place to get lattes and cappuccinos but they use a machine that is automatic and not great they just push a button.. The tapas bar is kinda cool and the alchole at the lobby bar is good have to ask for top shelf but they have Don Juliio .. I don't think you can walk to the grand Melia I will have to look at my map and see where it is .. the bus is right out the door and to the left and 1$ The service is good for the most part .. but again not much english,, Going to try the Italian resturant in a bit.. ( have a 13yo who is going to babysit the 5yo so we can go) You can brings kids her but have to be out by 7. After 7 is adult only. So I will write again tomorrow.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: At Fiesta Americana Condesa now..

When we were there with our daughter 18 month old daughter the staff went out of their way to make her something to eat....they always had suggestions for things that weren't even on the menu...so maybe just ask??? At the japanese restaurant they made her a hot dog and fries and at the italian just regular spaghetti. Good luck!

New Richmond...
Level Contributor
311 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: At Fiesta Americana Condesa now..

Do they have any sort of dance club there? Didn't see anything listed on their website. I'm heading there in March 2013 with my 19 yr old daughter and her friend and they are looking for some late night entertainment.

maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: At Fiesta Americana Condesa now..

Hi playinthesdand ..No no dance club nothing much to do in the evening here but the lobby bar.. they have a show every evening there but are very lame.. Beachgirl do you speak spanish by chance? No one has helped us with finding him food. We went to the Mexican and I even said to the waiter that there wasn't much for him to eat and he said sorry and then tried to be helpful and suggested a taco... If you do not like Mexican food there is not much here..I guess everyone has there own experience but I will not come here again in fact I tried to change our reservation and move to another resort but we decided it was easier to just rough it out.. We are going to Isla Mujers tomorrow our last day so that should be fun for the kids cause this place is boring...

jam808
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: At Fiesta Americana Condesa now..

i guess i will cross this out :-(

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: At Fiesta Americana Condesa now..

Jam808.. Don't let Sonnyj's sour comments steer you away from this resort. Everybody has their own set of expectations for a vacation... and he just plain does not like the place. There are so many reviews for FACC good and bad, which you'll find all resorts have-I take every review and post with a grain of salt. LOL.. only Mexican food served? That is completely false. I'm still chuckling at "Well what I don't like about this resort is that it is geared for Spanish speaking people" - maybe he forget he was in MEXICO!

MN
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: At Fiesta Americana Condesa now..

I keep seeing that there is a japenese restaruant here. Is this the kind where they cook it in front of you with a big group setting"?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: At Fiesta Americana Condesa now..

The Asian the restaurant ocean front (is standard buffet dining for lunch and breakfast). It is menu restaurant, with no reservations needed. The menu includes sushi and fresh fish. Not sure if they will do tableside cooking, as we were there at Christmas (but they could). The prep for the food is done in diner's view.. kinda cool. There is also an Italian, Mexican, and buffet for dinner (total of 4 restaurants in the evening). None of them require reservations.