We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xcaret - biodegradable sunscreen

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Xcaret - biodegradable sunscreen

My friend and I have decided that we'd like to go to Xcaret when we get to Mexico next week *excited* and I have just read that we need biodegradable sunscreen! Just in case I cannot locate some here in London (in time for our flight next Monday), does anyone know if you can purchase the stuff at Xcaret? Perhaps in their shop?

Thank you in advance :)

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xcaret - biodegradable sunscreen

I notice when I was looking for Private Airport Transfers that USA-Transfers offer it for sale through themselves / sister companies

entertainment-plus.net/affiliates/…

Surely the likes of Boots would have them but I imagine the are very expensive. Can't find it online

http://www.boots.com/en/Beauty/Suncare/

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,195 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Xcaret - biodegradable sunscreen

they provide it there

Always a good idea to use this stuff anywhere near a beach, just not where thay can enforce it

I also use a rash guard which cuts down on needing sunscreen

London, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xcaret - biodegradable sunscreen

Thank you for your help :)

Kent
Level Contributor
6,048 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xcaret - biodegradable sunscreen

we bought it in walmart and they also had it in mega, we had to get a factor 50 which we never use as they had no lower factors, no one enforced the rule so to speak, but i guess i don't want to be the one to kill the fish!!

Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Xcaret - biodegradable sunscreen

I'm all for saving the planet but this was just another ecpense to an already very expensive excursion!! We bought some when we got there, everybody was complaining about the price and was totally unenforcable once inside(we saw many people using standard sun cream). If the was park was all enclosed pools I could understand it, but it is an ocean based water park, and honestly, I think a bit of sun cream would be nothing compared to other unsavoury things found in the sea.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,048 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xcaret - biodegradable sunscreen

i was scared in case we got told off thats why i bought it!! but yes people were using anything, it'll sit in here now til the next time in mexico

London, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xcaret - biodegradable sunscreen

Thank you all for sharing your info/opinions :)

I think I'll feel mega guilty if I don't use it while in the park.

8. Re: Xcaret - biodegradable sunscreen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 10:15