We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Caribe Real/The Royal amenity use

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Caribe Real/The Royal amenity use

Hi All,

Heading to Gran Caribe Real in December. AI Ocean View room. I'm curious, can we use the pool and pool bar at the Royal next door? What about they're a la carte's/buffets?

I know at other resorts, pools and and some bars can be used, but not restaurants.

Any info would be great, I already tried reviews and Real webpage but could not find anything.

Thanks!

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Caribe Real/The Royal amenity use

Hi t_o

We are heading to the Royal on Friday and my understanding is that we can use the facilities at the GC, but guests of the GC cannot use the Royal facilities.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
240 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Caribe Real/The Royal amenity use

Unless you booked a Gran Junior Suite Oceanview or above then you're not even aloud to set foot in the Royal. I'm guessing you just booked a standard ocean view room so the answer would be no to your question. You can always try and get an upgrade at check in as they are typically cheaper that way as suppose to booking prior to your arrival. You can even upgrade to STAY at the Royal as suppose to the Gran. It's all based on availability at the time of check in.

Gran Junior Suite Ocean View and Gran Junior Sutie Beachfront Walkout you have access to the Royal for ONE dinner.

Gran Master 1 bedroom suite, Gran Master 1 bedroom suite ocean view, Gran Master 1 bedroom sutie ocean front and Gran Presidential 1 bedroom sutie have FULL access to the Royal.

The Gran isn't bad. I stayed at the Royal for my wedding/honeymoon back in 2010 and therefore had access to both. Visited the Gran a lot on that trip as the majority of our family was there and could not come to the Royal to visit us.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Caribe Real/The Royal amenity use

Thanks for the info - I figured it would be something along those lines.

That's too bad, we really enjoy the pool bar atmosphere.

We just couldn't pass up the great price we got for 10 days. I guess some sacrifices have to be made

Wont let it bother us though! Its 10 days out of the cold winter months! :)

4. Re: Gran Caribe Real/The Royal amenity use

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 10:16