We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trusting bartender and waiters riu peninsula

jam808
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
trusting bartender and waiters riu peninsula

some one posted that there husband Head robbed and someone put a pill in hus drink. when he got home to Canada he came out positive. this makes me worried to trust the waiters to bring me drinks while at the beach. its the latest review at the peninsula riu. oh boy

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trusting bartender and waiters riu peninsula

Dink some1 drunk whiting posts

Prescott Ontario
Level Contributor
962 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trusting bartender and waiters riu peninsula

I read this posts and laugh. Hard to believe that the TA staff would allow crap like this to stay up.

Ontario
Level Contributor
712 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trusting bartender and waiters riu peninsula

lmao @ Craig!

Va
Level Contributor
11,200 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trusting bartender and waiters riu peninsula

I am pretty sure if I got crazy in Cancun and failed a drug test when I got home, I would make up a crazy story about someone slipping me a mickey.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,041 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trusting bartender and waiters riu peninsula

Am I the ONLY person on the planet who would call the police if my husband got drugged, beaten up and robbed?

I'm no expert in such matters but I thought rohipnol had a very strong sedative effect and makes the victim drowsy and semi-conscious - hardly a state in which to fight back much less inflict injury (black eye) on his/her assailant.

But hey, even with her husband being drugged, beaten and robbed, I notice the reviewer still given the resort two stars; I guess the place can't be that bad after all.

Edited to add: if that were my husband, I'd take him back to the clinic and get him tested for a darned sight more than rohipnol!

Edited: 15 November 2012, 15:05
Limbo
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: trusting bartender and waiters riu peninsula

A quick Google search turned up the following.

Is it detectable and how long does it stay in your system?

YES. A urine test can detect the presence of Rohypnol up to 60 hours after ingestion, but most experts say that 24 hours maximum can yield better results. This test must be ordered by a health professional because it is not part of a normal “tox screen.” Rohypnol can be more difficult to detect than similar drugs because it is in low concentrations and is cleared quickly by the body.

She had said that they were at the hotel for AT LEAST another 24 hours after the incident, and based on the the info above, she is definitely lying!

jam808
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trusting bartender and waiters riu peninsula

OMG. I said the said the same thing about the stars she gave. and why would u let ur husband go by himself. why didn't she call the police and why.did she watch him for two hours

jam808
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trusting bartender and waiters riu peninsula

OMG. I said the said the same thing about the stars she gave. and why would u let ur husband go by himself. why didn't she call the police and why.did she watch him for two hours

jam808
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trusting bartender and waiters riu peninsula

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trusting bartender and waiters riu peninsula

reminds me of a story some male friends of mine told me when they came to Cuba with me many years ago; they were drugged and robbed of most of their cash and their watches. It wasn't until a few years later that I heard the true story, drugged = too many mojitos, robbed = voluntarily tied to the bed by some locally hired female companions and at some point through the adventure, said females helped themselves to a little tip and a watch or two.

Men take note - if you do something you shouldn't on vacation, come up with a better story for your wife than "I was drugged and robbed by the waiter", lol...