We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Airport

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bc canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun Airport

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is a fast way to get through the Cancun airport ?.. Last year when we where there in February it took almost 2 hours to get outside to our hotel transfer, it was chaotic. This year were getting a private transfer any idea what time we should have them pick us up. Our flight arrives at 5:25 pm. Thanks Cheers from BC

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun Airport

If you tell the transfer company the time your flight arrives, they should know when to actually show up, since they go to the airport every day and know the delays patterns, eg weekends.

No way to speed up the process short of cutting in line.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,618 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun Airport

1) Don't worry. be happy

2) It takes what it takes. See #1

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,413 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun Airport

LOL - if there was a fast way to get through the airport, don't you think we'd all be using it?

As per Co-Pilot, it takes what it takes so just take a deep breath and practise your best "namaste".

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,618 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun Airport

Llisa, why would I tell a Canuck how to get in front of me. That is plain unAmerican.

You do have one thing that you control that impacts your processing time: where you sit on the plane.

Get off near first and you are at the front of the line from your plane.

Also look at the lines before just getting in one. Find the apparent shortest.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,781 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun Airport

It's not always that way.

Have your entry form filled out completely. Have that form, and your passport easily accessible and ready to display at all times.. .

I have seen more delays due to the entry form not filled out completely than anything else. . This also holds up the others exiting the plane. Do these 2 things and it will be all smiles.

Oh yea, don't talk to the sharks.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,131 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun Airport

I can confirm it does matter where you sit on the plane. I was often in first class and the front. Many times I arrived first at the immigration check point and had to wait for the immigration guys so set up shop. I always usually had only carry on so I was out of the airport quickly.

Ohio
Level Contributor
526 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancun Airport

The day of your arrival also matters, i.e. mid week versus weekend. This year we arrived and departed on a Thursday and both were a breeze at the airport.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancun Airport

It can also depend on the plane or planes that landed right before you. There really isn't much you can do to get through faster. As Co_Pilot says, "don't worry, be happy"

You don't tell the transfer company what time to be there, they watch your flight and will be there waiting when you come out the door.

SK
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancun Airport

You could always yell "BOMB".

That would get you out of the airport really quick.

Tampa, Florida
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cancun Airport

600 oclock THE KEY IS keep head down DO NOT respond to senor you dropped your wallet do not respond to ANYTHING you have no ears till you get outside if you do this no PROBLEMS--you look up or respond to ANYTHING they got you..so hate to say it be rude do not see them or hear them ...till outside..im here now i do this every time after first time you learn..