We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling right off the beach

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling right off the beach

Have never been to Cancun but have been researching all- inclusives for an April vacation.

Can anyone tell me some of the ones that you can snorkel on site?

Thanks!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,282 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling right off the beach

I don't know of anywhere in Cancun that offers that - you need to go further south where the beaches can be more rocky (sandy beaches are no good for snorkelling).

The Barcelo Maya complex (five resorts in one) at Puerto Aventuras has very good on-site snorkelling. It has a long stretch of beach which is rocky at one end and sandy at the other, so you get the best of both worlds - rocks for snorkelling; sand for swimming and lounging.

Akumal Beach also offers great snorkelling and you'll usually see turtles here too. The only AI resort is Akumal Beach Resort - which has a reputation of being a two star resort on a five star beach. Some people love the resort but it's definitely not as glitzy and up-market as some other resorts in the region.

I think the Grand Palladium has good on-site snorkelling as well. Not sure if it's as good as the Barcelo though.

2. Re: Snorkeling right off the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 11:15