We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decision was made for me, off to Aventura Spa Palace we go

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Decision was made for me, off to Aventura Spa Palace we go

We were having a LOT of trouble deciding on where to go for our annual New Years eve trip this year, I was agonizing between the Mayan and Cancun, and Huatulco given we had a cold spell last Jan and spent most of the week wrapped in towels by the pool. Well, last night the tough decision was made for me, when I won a 7 night pacakge at the Aventura Spa Palace Dec 15-22 from a Toronto radio station. Won't catch me complaining! It seems like there may be a fairly large group of winners going down, anyone else want me to save them a seat by the pool? :)

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Midwest
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Decision was made for me, off to Aventura Spa Palace we go

Wow - Congratulations!!

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decision was made for me, off to Aventura Spa Palace we go

How GREAT is that, eh?

I know how you feel. In 2004, I won a 5 day / 4 night trip to the Hilton ( now Iberostar Cancun ) thru a local Sportsmans Club Raffel... Great huh??

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Cancun
Iberostar Cancun
5,024 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decision was made for me, off to Aventura Spa Palace we go

I'm super excited about this one. we won our trip to Oasis in April as well but with that one, we still had to pay the taxes, and I'm still not sure we got our $800 worth! The Spa Palace has been on my shortlist of resorts to check out for a long time so very excited.

Does anyone know the exact date of the kick over to Hard Rock? I think I read in another post that its early 2013...

upstate NY
Level Contributor
483 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decision was made for me, off to Aventura Spa Palace we go

With aventura spa, you can use all you points in the spa. We go in April and I intend to have a massage every day!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,630 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decision was made for me, off to Aventura Spa Palace we go

Two times in a row, WoW!

Lol on the getting your $800.00 worth @ the Oasis. I made that mistake, once.. I do not think TA existed 20 yrs ago. however,

I have some friends that stay @ Aventura Spa Palace lots. They have lots of good things to say about it.

Nothing beats free, the food and the drinks automatically taste better. Happy Travels.

Edited: 27 November 2012, 20:51
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decision was made for me, off to Aventura Spa Palace we go

Congrats!!! Enjoy.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decision was made for me, off to Aventura Spa Palace we go

BankerBarbie- Congrats on FREE, that's gotta be great to see a resort on your shortlist for free. I have been to ASP, Aug 2011, I have a review/pics on it as well.

The hotel won't be as fun as your used to in Cancun, based on reading your past posts in regard to your views on Tempation, Oasis etc. It will be more older crowd, more sedate crowd 35+ age wise. Other than that you should like it overall. As someone above stated if they give you the $1500 palace bucks, you can use all of them in the spa. Wife spend $1065, and was running spa treatments of one type, or another, all week long 1-3 a day.

I don't know what room category you will get for free(resortview)? You may want to upgrade with palace bucks to Oceanview. Our room in my review was probably the best bld, close to the best room for that category, lots of walking there, and it was centrally located between ASP and ACP. Big resort.

I cannot remember when the Hard Rock is to officially take over, but they already have unofficially at least. However warning I heavily suspect the same palace resort crowd will be there. Again 35+, couples, all age range honeymooners, a few weddings possible-sedate. Occupany for mid Dec. shouldn't be over 30%.

Have a great trip!

Smithers
Level Contributor
229 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Decision was made for me, off to Aventura Spa Palace we go

ASP has been running sales and occupancy for the last while has actually been quite high. I would guess you are probably going to find it more like 80% at least!

If possible I would prebook my spa appointments as others have said that they have had problems booing when they got there as they are all booked up.

Have a great time!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Decision was made for me, off to Aventura Spa Palace we go

Thank you, that's good to know about the spa, I think I might've actually ready something about that in a review so I'll definitely do it now! I'm not sure if we'll be getting the resort bucks yet, the radio station is hosting an "end of the world" themed party for the 12/21 countdown, I guess they've chartered the whole flight from Toronto for all the winners & radio station staff and their families; I was just glad to hear I didn't have to pay the $350pp in tax like with most vacation prizes, so whatever happens happens I guess! A coworker went on something similar to Barbados earlier this year and she said they were all put in the same block of rooms, and there were some special cocktail receptions, activities, etc with photo ops and some "live to air" stuff so it will be an adventure, I'm going with $0 worth of expectations! Thank goodness I held off on booking our Dec 29th trip to Secrets Huatulco, my boss would've killed me if I was going to Mexico twice over the holidays!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
10. Re: Decision was made for me, off to Aventura Spa Palace we go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 08:15