We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Many questions,,,

Monmouth, Illinois
3 posts
Save Topic
Many questions,,,

Fiesta Americana Condesa

My family is going to FACC over christmas and I am really starting to get the itch.

We have a 15 year old and a 13 year. Will there be plenty of things for them to do? If not, are there plenty of things to do close by? Not really into day long bus tours, but more into fun places outside the resort. Can we take a bus or cab to downtown? Is that safe?

We booked the superior Garden Room that is connected to another where our kids will stay. A lot of folks on here talk about Ocean view, so I am a little worried. I don't want to lose the extra room for them and I really would like a nice balcony (for my cigars!)

Finally, I am hopeful that the pool isn't too cold. I noticed you are from Iowa and we went to the last Iowa game and about FROZE!!

We are looking forward to some SUN and FUN!!!

Thanks so much! Cheers!

Edited: 30 November 2012, 04:30
Cancun Passion
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours
Caribbean Connection
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
Olympus Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Best Day
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours
Monmouth, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Many questions,,,

Sorry, I thought I was responding to someone but I will leave as is. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Brazil, Indiana
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Many questions,,,

Not sure how much help I will be but stayed at FACC last May. They have activities around the pool like dance lessons, bingo etc. On the beach there are jet ski's and parasailing. The bus system is very safe and there are plenty of Malls... my fave is La Isla. I believe there is a waterpark close by though I have never been. You may want to consider a day tour as well as there are many to choose from. I have heard that this time of year the ocean is warmer than the pools but cold water probably won't bother kids as much. They also play pool volleyball, water arobics and ceramic painting. You didn't mention if you had boys or girls. They have nightly entertainment in the theater such as a Micheal Jackson show. I am probably leaving something out.. FYI, the food is very good. I am sure you will have fun. PS..I used to live in Iowa....yes it is cold there! Cheers

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Many questions,,,

We just got back from Cancun. We stayed at the marriott casa magna, and we absolutely loved it. The beach and the waves will keep your kids busy all day! You don't need to go downtown (IMO), but there is a really nice outdoor shopping mall with lots of stores and restaurants a short bus hop away. Buses are 8.50 pesos each way and are super easy to use. We used them when we didn't want to walk. We thought it was a bit overwhelming down by Senor Frogs and hardrock. Lots of hard sell vendors. I wonder if they would just not pressure you to go into their stores and shop if they'd see a rise in revenue? We get this in Greece a lot and are turned off by the salesmanship.The pool and the ocean were very warm and comfortable. I would imagine that it wouldn't change much by the time you'll be there. We really enjoyed Cancun. It was great to leave the balcony doors open and drift off to sleep with the sound of the waves...That's worth the cost of the upgrade in itself!

Enjoy!

4. Re: Many questions,,,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 14:17