We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Live Aqua

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Live from Live Aqua

Ok, not exactly live yet, still at the airport but will be live in 5 hours. I will try to report on the weather, last report showed improvement 84 degrees and only 30% chance of rain. I love the solitude on the beach and don't mind some rain which chases the Cancun amateurs away.

I will try to stay calm as they X-rays our bags on arrival at Cancun airport, how stupid is that. All these bags have already been x rayed and they don't even seem to pay any attention to the machine.

No matter, minuscule inconvenience compared to the heavenly blue water waiting for us, the fantastic Mexican people who have to be the nicest people in the world, plus they concoct this magic potion called Don Julio, how amazing is that.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from Live Aqua

Sitting in the club lounge drinking Do Julio waiting for check in,two people ahead of us.

Royal Oak
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from Live Aqua

How was your experience at the airport? Long wait?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,806 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from Live Aqua

Mark................you're making me jealous.........I'm looking at soft white stuff, and it's NOT SAND :)

texas
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from Live Aqua

I'm looking forward to reading your live posts so I can live vicariously through you.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from Live Aqua

You got that BubbaMug full of the good stuff?

Enjoy!!!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from Live Aqua

Internet is slooow. Geraldo at the club is fantastic, already buzzed on don Julio and sol beer. Check in is a cluster f**k, no suites no upgrade, no room ready for two hours, sent wife to the beach while I increase my alcohol content and wait for our room.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from Live Aqua

Weather is fantastic, sun shining, ocean color amazing.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from Live Aqua

Lol I can't wait to see what you write after you really f'd up.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from Live Aqua

Wifi is really slow, just woke up from my don Julio stupor, ordered room service, cassidillas and flank steak tacos, no filet after midnight, no fridge in the room somehow. Club hours are 7 am to 10 pm.

No bothersome smell of incense anywhere, will stay sober tomorrow to enjoy this wonderful resort, sushi place doesn't open till 5 pm, no sushi at the Club which is a bummer.

texas
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from Live Aqua

Your room doesn't have a mini fridge? That's odd. I assumed all the rooms had them. Look forward to hearing more about your stay if you can get a wifi connection. It was very slow when we were there last year. I ended up connecting next door to the Westin's wifi.

Edited: 01 December 2012, 06:41