We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how hot is it in the summer?

ohio
Level Contributor
587 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
how hot is it in the summer?

I'm thinking of going to cancun this summer. Does it cool off any at night? Do you have to spend the whole day it the water to stay cool?

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,798 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how hot is it in the summer?

As long as you stay along the coast it's bearable, venture inland to the tropical forest and the area becomes a hot, humid soup that most would find uncomfortable, especially in July and August. The nights can be very warm but aren't much of a problem.

mexico
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how hot is it in the summer?

As long as you spend most of your day hanging out on the beach you should be fine. (little bathingsuit and water)

Its the working people who live in Cancun that suffer the most... They are dressed for work and you find that it makes you really tired and lazy. I think locals are more accustomed to it. I have been here three years and still need small naps in the summer daily. lol

mexico
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how hot is it in the summer?

Oops.. missed the last part of your question... Anytime is a good time to come to Cancun... Dont give up the opportunity... I would suggest spending the peak hot hours relaxing by the sun and the rest of the day enjoying all that Cancun has to offer...

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,087 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how hot is it in the summer?

We were in Cancun last Aug. Hubby found it to be too hot for him, so we spent a lot of time in the pool. Normally we don't, we usually venture off and walk around a lot. It was definately more sticky than other times of the year, but the heat didn't bother me at all. And the nights were very comfortable. Did have a lot more dark clouds, some rain, some thunder........that sort of thing. But also had lots of sun!

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
130 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how hot is it in the summer?

We were there last July and it was very hot, but the sea breeze at the resort was wonderful and was constant It was actually more comfortable then a lot of the days here on the east coast beaches in the summer. I don't think I could have done a lot of walking in it.

ohio
Level Contributor
587 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how hot is it in the summer?

bump

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: how hot is it in the summer?

I guess being by the beach helps the weather be more bearable in Cancun. The few times I've been to Las Vegas in the summer I couldn't help but keep asking how people could stand living there. It's hot in the night and even hotter in the day. Even after driving for half an hour my normally very COLD air conditioning would still blow 90 degree air! I was scared my SUV's tires were gonna melt on the concrete.

ohio
Level Contributor
587 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how hot is it in the summer?

I think it may actually be hotter in vegas in the summer than in cancun.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how hot is it in the summer?

Yes but its a Dry Heat