We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12/21/12

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
FTC, colorado
Level Contributor
74 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
12/21/12

We will be in Cancun on the eve of the end of the world and was wondering where we should be celebrating before it all ends ?

PA
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 12/21/12

Any bar will do..Better yet; make it a beach / pool bar..

FTC, colorado
Level Contributor
74 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12/21/12

I was thinking that such a special event would be taken advantage of by some of the bigger clubs or shows. Any special advertising going on ?

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12/21/12

I'd get drunk that night just in case.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12/21/12

Not a bad place to see the end of the world but yeah you should really get drunk and BEWARE people the end of the world brings out the "CRAZY" in people and some people are very scared of it.

waterloo, Ontario...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 12/21/12

I'm going to try to do Chichen Itza. As I've seen most of the sites in the area except for Chichen, I figure the light show would be extra cool that day, very suprised nothing special is going on that day.

But I am geussing it will be packed.

Edited: 12 December 2012, 19:56
Black Hills of...
Level Contributor
756 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 12/21/12

I don't know if it was real or not, and if it was if it is still scheduled (as there were some that were apparently protesting it), but I heard that Sir Paul McCartney was/is going to be putting on a concert at Chichen Itza for the "end of the world".

OK, I googled it and it looks as though it won't be happening. http://www.americanegypt.com/blog/?p=2318

Edited: 13 December 2012, 00:01
middletown...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 12/21/12

I'll be at home. I work midnights as a police dispatcher and as it turns out I'm not working that Thursday and Friday nights. The bars will be packed, and the crazies will be out. Luckily it isn't a full moon...

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
172 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 12/21/12

Silly Sods LoL !!!!!

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,840 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 12/21/12

http://tinyurl.com/a45tkaf

Sir Paul cancelled

10. Re: 12/21/12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 09:16