We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

there hasn't been any recent reviews on Bookit.com

Chilliwack, B.C.
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
there hasn't been any recent reviews on Bookit.com

Wondering if there are still occassional problems with "hidden fee's", lost reservations or not getting what clients thought they were getting?

they certainly have good prices. Looking to booke soon for Mayan Riveria in Feb

Boston
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: there hasn't been any recent reviews on Bookit.com

Having been to Cancun 25 times and constantly searching for deals to to anywhere cheap, I've never found the best price through them. When you check out to pay a bunch of hidden fees shows up making it more expensive than elsewhere. Likewise with cheapcarribean.

Edited: 20 December 2012, 19:17
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,010 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: there hasn't been any recent reviews on Bookit.com

Sounds as if someone is getting a kick back.

Edited: 20 December 2012, 19:21
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,010 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: there hasn't been any recent reviews on Bookit.com

The kick back is for cleaning up their reputation. You can make most anything go a way, if you have enough money.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
764 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: there hasn't been any recent reviews on Bookit.com

I booked twice through Bookit and never had any problems. No hidden fees or anything. And actually on our trip this year, they are a little bit cheaper than cheaptickets or cheapcaribbean.

wildrose wisconsin
Level Contributor
712 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: there hasn't been any recent reviews on Bookit.com

Booked last year on book it and everything was great and a lower price than anyone else. Would of used them again this year but United vacations was lower priced. Always check around and go with the lower priced one.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: there hasn't been any recent reviews on Bookit.com

I have yet to find good price thru bookit.com from NY. Their prices are good if you want to fly for 12+ hrs thru Mexico City, once you select a non-stop flight the prices are not competitive at all.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: there hasn't been any recent reviews on Bookit.com

Sig...would you stop agreeing with me? We seemed to have the same exact experience everywhere, but I agree with what you just said.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,010 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: there hasn't been any recent reviews on Bookit.com

I agree also. Non stop equals the big bucks. Always priced sky high outta DFW

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: there hasn't been any recent reviews on Bookit.com

toothxt

I think Boston in NY is so close to each other and both are served by Jetblue which gave run for the money to AA and other airlines. Northeast is very competitive market and companies like book.com or even Apple doing much better from other American cities with less competition. Years ago there were only few companies you can book your vacation and mostly thru travel agents, this not not true anymore with the internet. Sign up for emails wuth Jetblue Getaways, they sometimes have very good deals, better than all travel sites. I have done already 3 trips in past 1.5 years thru them. Just less than 2 weeks ago did Punta Cana for great price.

Chilliwack, B.C.
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: there hasn't been any recent reviews on Bookit.com

Thanks, I "chickened out" but still ended up getting a great deal, same as with the listed book it price and others on line going through my travel agent and Apple Vacations. Only a bit more for ($45) for the agent fee and for peace of mind we are ok with that. The peace of mind is worth the $45 and have gone with AV on our last 3 trips.

So from Seattle to Coba Feb 6th here we come!