We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comparing resorts...where should we stay?

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Comparing resorts...where should we stay?

My sister and I (both in our late twenties...looking for a fun atmosphere but definitely not wanting to go to clubs and "party) are planning a trip to Cancun this Spring and can't decide which resort would be best for us. All we want is a relaxing resort, good food and drinks, and a nice beach to swim in. We are considering the Fiesta Americana Condesa, Golden Parnassus, GR Caribe by Solaris, Ocean Coral & Turquesa or Gran Caribe Real. Has anyone stayed at one or more of these resorts and could recommend something or provide some insight for us? Thank you so much...we appreciate any and all input!!

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comparing resorts...where should we stay?

Ocean Coral & Turquesa is south of Cancun in Puerto Morelos. I've been there and it just may be what you are looking for...

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,348 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comparing resorts...where should we stay?

Gran Caribe Real is nice but does have children. Problem or not a problem with Puerto Morelos is it will coast you $10 each way to get to Cancun. . no problem if you do not want to go off reservation. Puerto Morelos is perfect for a layed back vacation.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comparing resorts...where should we stay?

We've stayed at Gran Caribe, FACC and Ocean Coral. All of them are nice, safe resorts. OCT is not that far out.. more of a campus resort with many pools. They do have their preferred level.. which means you can get into any restaurant without reservations. If you don't select that.. you need to stand in line each night. The beach is walkable.. but swimming.. not so good. Seaweed on the beach. Gran Caribe.. we stayed when it had reopened after the hurricane. Had a beautiful room ocean front. Fun resort..no swim-up bar. Thought the food was just okay. FACC.. liked that.. except the rooms are old and small. It's a large, more contained resort - beautiful beach..swimming can be iffy because of the undertow near the front of the resort. No reservations for dinner, and no "tiering" of service.Drink service on the pool and beach (no standing in line). I've posted reviews on all three. Good Luck!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comparing resorts...where should we stay?

I also have been to the OCT and loved it.

5. Re: Comparing resorts...where should we stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 05:16