We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun AI resort recommendations

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
274 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun AI resort recommendations

Hi , First Time into Cancun - looking for a reasonably priced (lets say 1,100 to 1,300 per week per person) - April timeframe, hoping for warm to hot ?? - good beach and water with no damn rocks - definately not picky eaters, but clean and safe is abviously important - our age bracket is 40s (ok late 40s) . - would be appreciative of any recommendations that we could investigate - thank you

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun AI resort recommendations

Check Golden Parnassus out. I liked it because it has no reservation theme restaurants and a reasonable "party" setting at night.

Troy, Missouri
Level Contributor
450 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun AI resort recommendations

Hi BK, I have been looking into Golden Parnassus for my girlfriends and I in May, but I think I read somewhere about not everything there is considered in with the All Inclusive pricing, as that correct? I drink alot of water from the bottle while I am down in Cancun and I know some of the resorts charge you for the bottled water. I know it seems dumb, but I just want to find someplace that if it says all inclusive, then they won't be charging us for all the other little things.

Any insight would help us. Thanks!

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun AI resort recommendations

If you go south into the Mayan Riviera, you might want to check out the Valentin Imperial Maya and the Catalonia Royal Tulum. The Palladium Complex is also nice and it has an adults section: the Royal Suites.

Edited: 27 December 2012, 19:26
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun AI resort recommendations

Yikes, I cannot recall if they had bottled water or not. I never drank it ;)

Troy, Missouri
Level Contributor
450 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun AI resort recommendations

Thanks, guess I will just have to drink more tequila! I just hate being dehydrated, but I guess the less water I drink, the more room for the alcohol and hopefully less bathroom breaks.

Missouri
Level Contributor
459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun AI resort recommendations

We usually upgrade to the club ocean view there are 2 large waters and then also some in fridge 2 or 3. Replaced each daily. I kept the big bottles in my bag and filled at breakfast, lunch. Always had plenty. They also have filtered tappers.

As for OP definitely check out Golden!!!!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancun AI resort recommendations

I remember what I did now... There's a small convenience store right across the street from the hotel. I purchased a couple bottles of water and either refilled them myself in the room or coolers, or from the bartender.

8. Re: Cancun AI resort recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2013, 10:15