We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is There A Problem at Le Blanc?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hayle, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Is There A Problem at Le Blanc?

Over the past month there have been quite a few reviews which are average or below and this years bad reviews are more than last. The resort seems to be dropping down the TA All Inclusive top 25 list.

Has anything changed there over the past year or so, I do want to book and the UK price is low at the moment, but have reservations!

Yes there are superb reviews too, but more bad ones are being posted!

Any advice is welcome.

BW9.

Poughkeepsie, NY
Level Contributor
527 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is There A Problem at Le Blanc?

This seems to happen to every " great" hotel in Cancun. Somebody gets a "bug" about something at the particular hotel, and gives the hotel a lower rating. If you read the badly rated opinion about any hotel, you can judge for yourself if it is reliable in your own mind. I enjoy straying at the Royal Resorts. I read all the negative responses, and see if they deal with me. Obviously I keep going back there, so the negative responses do not bother me, JMHO. Also, if there is just 1 TA post from a negative reader, I would also be apprehensive about that post.

Hayle, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is There A Problem at Le Blanc?

Ty for your reply.

There are always poor reviews, even the best hotel in the world would upset someone. But there does seem to be a trend at Le Blanc for more below average reviews. I believe the owning company has split between Palace and Hard rock now, so may be there is an issue there, or perhaps the management has changed at the resort.

This place is at the top of my list for my next holiday, it is also at the top of my budget, so I'm hoping for perfection. TA is so valuable in making advice available on holiday decisions.

I do hope that Le Blanc returns to the top of TA All Inclusive list soon.

Cheers,

BW9.

PA
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is There A Problem at Le Blanc?

Never stayed here, but I will never stay at a resort in CUN without a balcony..It's a MUST..... JMO....No balconies at LeBlanc

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,074 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is There A Problem at Le Blanc?

Actually, the governor's suites have balconies.

Poughkeepsie, NY
Level Contributor
527 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is There A Problem at Le Blanc?

Lets see.....I am spending 10 nights next month at a Royal resort, OF balcony, full kitchen, 2 BR ( 4 people ) for $2000 total ( yes this is non AI ). I just looked at Leblanc for the same dates, for 2 people, no balcony, altho it is AI, the price was $7000 ( for two people ). Er, which one should I take? JMHO. Different strokes for different folks.

Edited: 26 December 2012, 20:23
sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is There A Problem at Le Blanc?

biged

I feel the same way. For $7,000 there so many options and places to go.

Le Blanc pricing borders on insanity.

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is There A Problem at Le Blanc?

Gosh, we would love to try LeBlanc, but for that kind of dough, we can go for two vacations (10 nights each) at the Sun Palace... plus have a balcony with a double lounger, 2 chairs and a small table.

I too saw the not so hot reviews for LeBlanc - but I also saw a totally negative review for Sun Palace (which didn't make sense to me at all) ~ I guess folks just expect different amenities while on vacation.

If one researches, is on TA frequently, asks the forum, they'd be informed of what's what and could make a better decision.

Happy New Year to everyone and may all your vacation dreams come true!

~Sharon

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,074 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is There A Problem at Le Blanc?

Le Blanc is a wonderful AI. A totally different vacation experience from a condo. Neither is better - just different. It is the service and being pampered at Le Blanc with amazing food and wines that command the high price tag.

PA
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is There A Problem at Le Blanc?

Hey Spotsmom, Too RICH for my blood...Lucky U

Ere, ave you seen it
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is There A Problem at Le Blanc?

No problem at Le Blanc or it wouldn't be No 1. The perfect place to stay. I know it's more expensive than other hotels but you are paying for a better class of hotel than the Royal or Sun Palace. JMHO. Better food, better spa, better pools. Just better everything. The balcony thing is just not an issue with us, where I can see it being with others. I would rather be in Le Blanc with no balcony than be in ANY other hotel with one. Again, JMHO.