We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Parnassus Cancun

Sicklerville, NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Golden Parnassus Cancun

I just returned from the Golden Parnassus resort and had a bad experiance. On the third day of our stay, my wife and I went on an all day tour. When we returned to our room that evening, both of our access keys would not open our room door. I went to the front desk and they quickly reprogrammed our room keys and we gained access to our room. I quickly checked my room for any thing out of place and found all was well. The next morning my wife and I were going to go shopping so we opened our room lock-box and found that $80.00 was missing from the $250.00 we had in the box. I kept the lock-box key around my neck for my intire stay and we know exactly what was in the box. I the took the manager aside (so staff could not here my conversation) and explained what had happened. I explained to the manager that I was not conserned about the lose of my money but more conserned that this type of situation could be accurring to other guests without their knowlodge. Only a portion of my money was missing and that other guests my not even notice their lose. I recieved no explanation to my inquirory and there seems to be no other higher management body to explain my conserns to because the resort is privatly owned.

Other then this the resort was nice. Here how I rate it:

Grounds 5, room 5, service 6, food 3, drinks 3.

This is a repeat message but I want to make shore the right people see it.

Did any other people experiance this type of issue while at the resort? Please let me know. Thanks

wisconsin
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Parnassus Cancun

We were there the same time you were!

And We were lucky no problems with the resort,we loved it and had the time of our lives.

We do know who you are and feel for you!

We are planning on going back next year,I will keep in mind what happened to you and your wife.

Sorry D.

Julie & Bruce from wi.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Parnassus Cancun

When things or $$ come up missing from your room you should tell them to call the Police. More often than not, your things/$$ will reappear!

Sicklerville, NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Parnassus Cancun

Julie & Bruce from wi. We had a great time.

That is incorrect. If the situation is I expect, the police will do nothing. The managment should investagate the room access logs to see if something is out of place and if so, look acrossed all rooms over time. Also a complaint form should have been filled out and filled so a rocord of complants can be varifyied against access issues. If the police do find something widespread and the incedent leaked, it could damage the reputation of the hotel. this is deffently an internal mater.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Parnassus Cancun

mcp5500,

I agree,

Will this stop you from going back?

The managment may just be not what we are used to in the States!

I don't know how I would of acked if this had happen to us,becouse we had such a great time I think my emotions would of been mixed:(

Bruce &Julie from Wi.

Sicklerville, NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Parnassus Cancun

At first we did not let it bother us. We had one full day left and we were determined to have a good time. But the day we left we had a feeling that we were taken advantage of by the resort. The meaningless reply from the manager gave me the sence that he did not want this to go any higher then him and this got me more suspicuios. We had had a great time and enjoyed all the people meet but this event would provent me from returning to this resort. I work as a computer systems admin and take security very seriously and this event points to a resort that does not have the true conserns or their clients in mind.

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Parnassus Cancun

Wow, I can’t believe it…. Sorry to hear that.

I’ve been to GCPS twice; never had anything missing or hear about anyone missing stuff… I want to say that this has to be a really isolated incident.

I’ve left nice jewelry, $$$ watches just sitting in dresser drawers, nothing ever disappeared. My boyfriend kept his stuff/money in the safe (camera, wtach, wads of cash), no problems there, too.

I'd say your experience is very unusual for this place and is not to be repeated, likely. Even though resort is privately owned, they take great pride in the service. Perhaps talking to manager/asst manager would help. If they couldn't recover your money, maybe they'd offer a free day stay or excursion next time, or such.

n

Sicklerville, NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden Parnassus Cancun

My satisfaction does not come from free gifts. You say nothing was missing but look at the issue this way. Lets say 2 maybe 3 rooms are accessed a week and $20 - $80 is taken (that’s one weeks pay for the employees). How many people will notice this or think it was their own mistake. So lets say 1 person catches it a month. There is no past rocords of the complaints, the door access logs may not be kept that long so there is no way to go back and check. I want them to inform me on how BOTH of my keys could not open my door. I had the Do Not Disturb sign on my door that day. Was there an entry to my room. I want the hotel to present me a clear professional picture of activity stating what had happened and the steps they are taking to prevent it from happening again. If that is done, I would go back in a heartbeat.

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golden Parnassus Cancun

We too have left things in the open in our rooms at this hotel, never a problem. It has to be a very isolated incident. I have several friends there in Management positions and I will definitely mention it to them to see what and if anything like this has happened before and what steps they are taking to not let it happen again. I do not like the type of safes they have, much prefer a safe that incorporates the use of a 4 digit code. I will be there for 2 weeks Sunday

New York
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golden Parnassus Cancun

I am there for 10 days next month. Last year we had no problems but I will be more diligent now.

Coxsackie ny
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golden Parnassus Cancun

We have left large amounts of cash, a very expensive camera system, and tons of other valuables in the safe, in the night stand, and even on the table and nothing was ever taken from me. This is the first post that I have seen referencing theft at this resort. You say that if you reported this to the police it would have an adverse effect on the hotels reputation. Do you think that your going public about it on this site won't? At least you would have had some chance of recupping your loss with the police and the hotel management would have had the chance to work with the police. I appreciate your warning and I probablly would have contacted the owner and the authorities had I been you.