We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearing Customs coming back from Cancun

Kansas City Mo
Level Contributor
425 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Clearing Customs coming back from Cancun

Last time we came through Dallas we barely made our connection....seems two hours was barely enough time. So here is my question we came home on a Saturday so I was wondering if anyone has come home say on a Thursday if it was just as bad or if I should make sure we have more than two hours to get our connection...Also was wondering if going through Houston or Charlotte if it is this bad

Troy, Missouri
Level Contributor
450 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Clearing Customs coming back from Cancun

Hey 2pink1blue, if you are looking for nonstop flights from Denver to Cancun check into Frontier airlines. They are flying us from St Louis to Cancun non stop, or the other option ($30 cheaper) would be a layover in Denver. For that extra $30 we chose the nonstop flight from St Louis to Cancun.

We flew with them for the first time this past year in May and loved them, they were on time, attendants were very nice, and very nice planes (with tvs on the back of the seats) and the prices are pretty reasonable compared to having to deal with a layover somewhere and taking the chance of missing your next flight, or even worse, having small children you are trying to get through an airport. Just an option if you are interested.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
170 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Clearing Customs coming back from Cancun

Are customs times shorter on Wednesday? We have a flight in December from Cancun to Dallas and then Phoenix. We booked a flight/hotel package and have an hour and 45 minutes between flights in Dallas. Now, I am worried about that being enough and don't want to spend the night in Dallas as that is the last flight to Phoenix. I called American Airlines and was told there should be no problem.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 00:27
Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
170 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Clearing Customs coming back from Cancun

I wanted to add we get in Dallas at 7:45 p.m. and our flight home leaves at 9:30 and can't find terminal info. It is the last flight out.

How often do flights leaving Cancun leave late? I see on AA site that this evenings flight left almost an hour late. And to think I have 6 months to stress out over this.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,540 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Clearing Customs coming back from Cancun

I would not do less than two hours. Is there any way you can get an earlier flight out of Cancun? More often than not, flights are delayed. Even a 15 minute delay is risky. Too many issues to deal with. Exiting the plane, immigration, collecting luggage, customs, rechecking luggage, finding your departure gate. Probably wouldn't even have time for the bathroom let alone a drink or snack.

All,of these things really have nothing to do with which day of the week you are leaving. I would rather wait at an airport a while than miss my connecting flight, especially since you say it is the last flight out.

25. Re: Clearing Customs coming back from Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 07:17