We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all-inclusive deal or NOT ??

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
all-inclusive deal or NOT ??

I am planning to stay at the "Sunset Marina Resort & Yacht Club" which has an OPTIONAL all-inclusive.

I am planning NOT to take the all inclusive plan, due to some food restrictions/allergies and prefer to eat out or cook sometimes in the kitchenette of my room

my question is, does anybody know, if there would be any problems with our stay in that hotel, if we do NOT take the all-inclusive, in terms of getting a good room or good treatment...ect.. ect..

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
2,695 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all-inclusive deal or NOT ??

I am going to speak in generalizations as I haven't stayed at the resort you mentioned. Hopefully someone with first hand experience at the place can lend more specifics.

I wouldn't recommend staying all inclusive at an AI optional resort. I say this because every time you want to get a drink or food from the AI selection, you generally have to prove you have paid for the AI option. That usually means signing something, or showing a wrist band. To me, that lessens the value of the AI experience. I would only suggest choosing an AI only resort if you'd like stay all inclusive.

For me, the benefits include:

Easier budgeting the trip

Convenience of getting a drink or something to eat without having to charge to my room, or having to carry money when I am spending the day at the beach or pool.

I recommend AI for people

Are not finicky eaters, and don't mind buffet food for most of their meals. AI Resorts tend to be large, and they prepare a lot of food to serve the lot of them.

Like to drink a lot or like to experiment with different drinks they aren't use to.

2. Re: all-inclusive deal or NOT ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 03:16