We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to book a trip for my parents please help!!!

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
I want to book a trip for my parents please help!!!

They are in their 60's, they are looking for a 5 star resort that has entertainment. Specifically entertainment at night so that they are not pacing back and forth. They are looking for shows, dancing anything of that sort?

I am aiming for Le Blanc, or Live Aqua, Any thoughts? Is this a good pic? Would this satisfy what they want and if not where?

The dates are January 18-January 22 2013

texas
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I want to book a trip for my parents please help!!!

Live Aqua is a great resort but they do not have shows each night. Check out Secrets The Vine as well. Great resort with shows and some entertainment. I can't comment on Le Blanc because I've never stayed there but it is on my wish list.

Edited: 08 January 2013, 04:53
New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I want to book a trip for my parents please help!!!

Check out The Royal - I think it has everything you are looking for.

ohio
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I want to book a trip for my parents please help!!!

Check out the Grand Sunset Princess? They have entertainment every night, good food, clean beautiful rooms, excellant service and a nice beach.

I recommend Platinum Suites which are located near the beach. the resort is about 20 minutes north of Playa with free shuttle in town if they want to go shopping.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I want to book a trip for my parents please help!!!

Your parents would love Le Blanc in my opinion, but the shows are not what I would call great entertainment. They try, but it is a bit cheesy when they lipsync a song. The resort itself is worth it sans the entertainment. I just wanted to be there and enjoy it and we did and my husband and I are in our early 50s. We found plenty to do, whether it was just walking to the shopping areas or just sitting around reading or just people watching, etc. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,842 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I want to book a trip for my parents please help!!!

The only negative I would find with LeBlanc is that it does not have balconies. We love to sit outside, sip coffee and enjoy the sights and sounds of the beach. The renovated hotel does not have outside balconies. Ask your parents if this matters. There are lots of resorts in the Mayan Riv. Look south, too....Playa del Carmen - The Royal in Playa comes to mind.

Cheryl

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I want to book a trip for my parents please help!!!

I am looking something along the lines of Le Blanc a high class hotel for them, but I want the balconies and I want them to have something to do at night, during the day they could always hang out by the pool grab a few drinks etc. But it doesn't necessarily have to be in Cancun it could in anywhere else so any other recommendation along the reputation of the Le Blanc

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I want to book a trip for my parents please help!!!

I am looking something along the lines of Le Blanc a high class hotel for them, but I want the balconies and I want them to have something to do at night, during the day they could always hang out by the pool grab a few drinks etc. But it doesn't necessarily have to be in Cancun it could in anywhere else so any other recommendation along the reputation of the Le Blanc

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I want to book a trip for my parents please help!!!

Then LB would be out unless you got a higher upgrade with balcony, but then you still have the problem with entertainment. I can't help you but maybe someone else can. On the other hand, look at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso. Great complex, GREAT entertainment, and it is adults only. not only can they be there but they can meander through the other four resorts there. Great landscaping, areas to walk. I have been there, just not to the Grand. Everything within walking distance cause it's all there. shopping center just within the same area, walking to it, can eat over there for free, too. there is even golf there. Check out the reviews. From what I've seen it is very classy.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,701 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I want to book a trip for my parents please help!!!

Check out Sun Palace then, if LeBlanc seems a little too quiet. It is also a Palace resort, large balconies on every room, great pools, good spa, shows every night, followed by music in the loby bar - several times a week it is a live band, the other nights just DJ, but always a good crowd in there having fun till early morning hours, excellent, excellent service, great food, no reservations needed for dining - I think they would really enjoy it. And also, adults only...if that matters.

It's our favorite Palace resort, we do love LeBlanc, but sometimes, it's a bit too quiet for our tastes. Being night owls by nature, we really like something going on past 9 or 10pm!

Could be a great fit. And, if you book it for them through a member, they get added bonuses, inlcuding lowest possible rates, r/t airport transfers, upgraded rooms, massages and mani/pedis and usually 2 included tours. Worth checking out.

Good luck - and that's great of you to do for them!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I want to book a trip for my parents please help!!!

Personally I would look at the Royal in Cancun or The Royal in PDC. We've been to Live Aqua, honestly I wouldn't suggest it for my parents or in laws...no entertainment at night and more of a spa feel. We've been to the Royal in Cancun and sent my in laws to the Royal in PDC. The loved it so much that it's the first resort that they've ever visited more than once and in fact are heading back again in two weeks. They have good entertainment almost nightly if not nightly, they loved the fact that they were right on 5th Ave and could walk right out to all the little shops (they're not ones to leave the resort so they loved this fact). The Royal in Cancun has all ocean front rooms so not a bad room at the place. PDC is larger, rooms are basically the same but there you have several buildings rather than one.