We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiesta Americana Condesa Questions

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Fiesta Americana Condesa Questions

I'm still trying to decide on a resort for our trip in April and have a few questions about this one. If you've stayed recently can you help me out?

- Is there anything not included in the AI? Like massages, or any liquors?

- Did you have any issues with the restaurant reservations?

- I thought I read that they had sushi - is this at the tapas bar? Do you need a reservation there?

- Were you hassled by people trying to sell timeshares?

- What is the entertainment/night life like? Is it better to go off resort for a party atmosphere? What about in the afternoons by the pool? Is there stuff going on or is it pretty chill?

- Overall, did you find there were more families or more couples, younger, or older? We are a younger couple and don't mind families just don't want to be overrun by them.

Lastly, what is April like in Cancun? Is this early enough that it is not too hot yet? We last traveled in August (hot hot hot) and were hoping to make this trip in February but that's probably not going to happen anymore so would early April still be a good time of year to go (not too rainy, not too humid?)

If you can help me out on any of this that would be awesome!!

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Questions

1. not included in AI- massages, spa treatments, certain wines, lobster, and a few other menu items that I can't remember.

2. there are no restaurant reservations, so no problem there.

3.Sushi is in the Asian restaurant, Kambu. It was decent- even my kids ate it.

4. timeshares- someone at the front desk or someone on the phone will call and tell you to go talk to them about "resort credits", your "welcome gift", or other excuse. Politely say you aren't interested, and they will leave you alone.

5.There is no entertainment or nightlife. There is a theme show after dinner, like the fire show, etc. At night, only the lobby bar is open, but there wasn't much going on when we were there. If you want to party, definitely take a bus or cab up to the clubs. During the day, the entertainment team does a great job getting people to play games or do activities. They get going by the swim up bar, and they are fun.

6. There is a large mix of everyone at this hotel. We saw families, honeymooners, couples, singles, etc. In April, you shouldn't be over run with kids, since most will be in school.

7. April is a beautiful time to go. The weather is beautiful, and the pools are warm. Which is another point- the pools there are not heated, and the reviews of the winter months say they are freezing, so if you do go in February, just be advised of this.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
240 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Questions

I'd just like to add we were there last May, the second week of May, and I could count on one hand how many kids were there. And the ones that were there were toddlers. You should be fine in April as pp said most kids will be in school. And the pool temp was... refreshing. Kinda chilly when you first got in but as the day worn on, and the outside temps got hotter, the pool felt even better. Definitley not bath water by any means, but nice.

We had a blast and infact booked a return trip for this coming May again. If you decide to go you won't regret it.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Questions

Depends on when in April you are going. Many elementary schools have spring break the first week of April as the weekend going into that week is Easter.

4. Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 06:19