We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charlotte to Cancun Easter week. Is $675 round trip decent?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Charlotte to Cancun Easter week. Is $675 round trip decent?

I have no idea what airfares to Cancun from Charlotte typically run. We are going to go Easter week (April 1-8, Mon-Mon) and the fare is $675 a good airfare? I am going to pull the trigger if it is.

Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,550 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charlotte to Cancun Easter week. Is $675 round trip decent?

Take a look at websites like skyscanner.net or http://matrix.itasoftware.com or kayak.com/Cheap-Flights-Charlotte-to-Cancun.…

To me, it seems high. I saw connections thru ATL for $477-$500; but nothing lower as a non-stop. Saying that, no one knows what will happen tomorrow, or later this week, next week - that's the risk you take.

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charlotte to Cancun Easter week. Is $675 round trip decent?

Thank you so much for that website. I actually tried to Google historical airfares but didn't come up with much.

I will see what Tuesday brings and decide then. I doubt it will go down, but one can always hope.

Thank you again. :-)

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Charlotte to Cancun Easter week. Is $675 round trip decent?

I would think that is expensive, as April 1 is the start of mod-low season. Once holy week ends which is April 1 Cancun slows down until June

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Charlotte to Cancun Easter week. Is $675 round trip decent?

That's about the going rate for nonstop airfare. I sucked it up and spent $628 for nonstop airfare from Philly to Cancun. Multiply that by 4 (2 adults and 2 children), LOL! It was worth it to spend an extra $75 or so per ticket for the nonstop air. Having connections with young kids can make for some stressful traveling. US Airways has the stranglehold on nonstop airfare in Philly.

Advance, North...
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charlotte to Cancun Easter week. Is $675 round trip decent?

It's high for CLT to CUN but it hasn't budged in months. I got mid-March for 475.00 leaving from Greensboro but it means I have to change planes in Charlotte. And what irks me about it is once I get to Charlotte I'm on the same flight I would be if I could have booked it from Charlotte instead of Greensboro.

6. Re: Charlotte to Cancun Easter week. Is $675 round trip decent?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 07:18