We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Aqua in July...pool seating

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Live Aqua in July...pool seating

We are going to Live Aqua in July and have read so many posts about not being able to find chairs at the pool if you do not go out and reserve them early in the morning...True? We did this at the Oasis Sens last year and just thought a nicer hotel would not require the guests to fight for a chair near the pool..?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Aqua in July...pool seating

Funsunbrews- If the hotel is at/near full occupancy, everyone wants to sit at the pool, and not sit at the beach/pool bar/in-pool bar, or go out and do things, ya pool chairs game. It is the same at every hotel.

Fortunately I have not delt much with this problem anywere we have ever been, much. And when we do it's oh well. Pool bar seating works for me. Time to go do something else maybe.

Nothing you can do about it until your there. How are they going to keep guests from fighting over chairs, if everyone is there at the same time? Nothing you can do about it, but do something else.

Good luck maybe you won't have to deal with it your week.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Aqua in July...pool seating

I've been at the Live Aqua 3 times and there were way too many chairs available going empty. However past performance is no guarantee of future result.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live Aqua in July...pool seating

Thank you, we did excursions a couple of days last time and alleviated the rush for chairs but plan to spend this one at the hotel all day everyday. What activities do they have to keep you occupied? I saw a volleyball net and heard about the yoga twice daily. Did you find enough shade when needed?

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live Aqua in July...pool seating

@ toothxt....glad to hear that maybe the chairs issue has been resolved during your stays...keeping fingers crossed

Edited: 21 January 2013, 21:00
Boston
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live Aqua in July...pool seating

There's practically nothing to do there, unfortunately. Luckily, the Isla Mall is right across the street.

HartfordCt
Level Contributor
325 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live Aqua in July...pool seating

There was a volleyball net, what else could you possibly want. I'll be at the net at 4pm on wednesday.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live Aqua in July...pool seating

There's a vollleyball net but chances are you'll be the only one playing. The clientelles they attract aren't exactly the sporty type, unless you count tai chi and yoga.

HartfordCt
Level Contributor
325 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live Aqua in July...pool seating

That's not good :(

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live Aqua in July...pool seating

We were there last month and all the pools were freezing cold other than the hot tub and swim up bar pool.

san diego
Level Contributor
201 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live Aqua in July...pool seating

I was there last Feb. and suite guests could reserve their own cabana which also included a foot massage. I stayed in Aqua Club room,( not a suite), so I was out there by 8:15 every morning and was one of the last ones to snag a decent chair by the main pool areas--best ones are by the infinity pool near the Azul restaurant--great ocean views and right by the pools. Not much to do activity-wise, that is true. When we first got there the main pools were not heated, but many guests complained and they started heating them up. The swim-up bar pool area was actually way too warm after that.