We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azul fives or villa del palmar??

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Topic
Azul fives or villa del palmar??

Been to cancun and riviera maya with spouse, but for spring break plan on taking our 15 yr old daughter. Which of these 2 properties would be best with a teen, which is the best for location on beach, and how does the food and service compare at each?

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Azul fives or villa del palmar??

Any thoughts?

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Azul fives or villa del palmar??

Bump

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Azul fives or villa del palmar??

Depends on your 15 yr old's interests.

We're headed there on Monday--second visit. We wouldn't be caught dead going over spring break, so can't say much. It's not much for nightlife and the beach isn't fabulous, either. We don't mind either of those issues. The 1BRs are gorjus. Are you doing AI? Happy to answer what I can after we get home, so if you have specific q's, fire away!

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Azul fives or villa del palmar??

Oops--forgot to add my 2 pesos about the food. We had very nice food at every venue. Plenty of variety (our Bfast included made to order eggs, etc) I personally enjoyed my bubbly each morning, but of course your teen won't be partaking! There a few stellar goodies (see other reviews for faves) and grilled fish was great! We like room service now and then, so I expect to have more since we'll be there for 5 nts this time.

Have you looked at this:

familygetaway.com/vacation/all-inclusive-res…

You have to add air, but you should be able to get some decent prices from IND or SDF. We buy alot of pkgs from this site.

Edited: 25 January 2013, 18:13
Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Azul fives or villa del palmar??

Which resort are you referring to, azul fives or VDP?

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Azul fives or villa del palmar??

oops again! I know where we're going; I just forgot to tell you. You might have figured out it was VDP by checking the link above. LuxuryLink.com has a new offer as well:

luxurylink.com/fivestar/all-inclusive-resort…

I believe you can add a child for an additional AI fee each day.

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Azul fives or villa del palmar??

I cannot see anywhere to add a child online. Am I just overlooking it or would you have to actually call to do this?

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Azul fives or villa del palmar??

Call the Concierges at LL. They are working today. Good luck!

Edited: 26 January 2013, 18:59
jeremy Pearce
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Azul fives or villa del palmar??

I have been to numerous resorts in the Mexico including the Azul Fives. There is nothing for a 15yr old to do at the Fives. It is a great resort with superb food, but unless your daughter likes reading on the beach there is nothing for her.

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Azul fives or villa del palmar??

I hate to hear that because that is the resort we were leaning towards. Any other suggestions? We want some activities but at a resort that is not to capacity with crazy spring breakers. Something family oriented for sure with a separate bedroom, decent food, and upscale service.

Edited: 27 January 2013, 17:24