We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats the first thing you do when you check in?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Whats the first thing you do when you check in?

Hey everyone!

Quick little fun question here to get everyone in the mood.

Whats the first thing you do when you check in to your hotel?

Cheerrs!

Troy, Missouri
Level Contributor
450 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats the first thing you do when you check in?

Get a drink from the bar!

Kent
Level Contributor
6,724 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats the first thing you do when you check in?

dump the cases change and get on the beach

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats the first thing you do when you check in?

First thing we do when we get to the room is go out on the balcony to take in the view. Then I have to unpack...just the way I am, I'm not really there, nor do I feel comfortable until I get everything unpacked and put away. Then it's bathing suit on and down to the pool bar - greeting all of our old friends on the staff along the way. Since we usually arrive late morning...it's time for an adult beverage and some lunch. That's been the routine for the past 20+ trips...I don't see it changing for the next one in 64 days. It's 15 degrees here right now...so this little mental exercise warmed me up. Thanks Sunshine!

Halesowen, United...
Level Contributor
992 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats the first thing you do when you check in?

Unpack the cases while drinking a cold beer from the fridge

Troy, Missouri
Level Contributor
450 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats the first thing you do when you check in?

I wish I could get to unpack right away, but we normally land in Cancun at 11 and can't get our rooms at the resort till after 3, so we check in around noon, and then bum around the resort for a few hours while our luggage is in holding. We do keep a swimming suit in our carryon though so we can at least lay out by the pool and start working on our tan lines.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
770 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats the first thing you do when you check in?

Typically we have a glass of champaign that they always give you when you get to the resort (if going to Live Aqua this year it seems like they don't offer that) then we look at the view, check out the mini bar, husband sits outside, I unpack, because I just can't stand it, I'll spray down my dresses with Downy Wrinkle Release, all while sipping on the champaign bottle thats in the room (again...don't think Live Aqua does this). Then we go walking around the resort. By the time I've unpacked I'm half drunk from the champaign. :) lol

Minnesota
Level Contributor
422 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats the first thing you do when you check in?

Change into bikini and get a frozen margarita, then...straight to the beach!!! Thanks for that happy memory - only 48 days until it happens for real!!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,928 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats the first thing you do when you check in?

Make sure room is ok, cigarette on balcony and free beer from fridge then after leaving room a COLORFULL COCKTAIL!!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats the first thing you do when you check in?

haha wonderful!!

I have not booked yet but I hope to be on the beach a day after my 26th birthday April 24th.. February and March better fly by fast .

I usually check into my room and have my swim suit on underneath my clothes and sunscreen applied in advance .. something about that blue water makes me want to get out of that hotel room and run for the beach.. my partner usually has a cigar while I go get my self a yummy pineapple drink.

your welcome everyone!

Edited: 23 January 2013, 19:32
PA
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Whats the first thing you do when you check in?

If unit is ready, Open up luggage and my wife (the neat freak) puts things where they go.. I'll grab a few beers and a drink for my wife and return to help...

If unit is not ready, grab something to eat and drink....