We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xplor, Xel-Ha or Xcaret

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Xplor, Xel-Ha or Xcaret

Hi All

We are a family of five, two adults and three kids (aged 11, 8 and 5 years)

Which of the three "theme parks" would you recommend for kids of these ages, they enjoy swimming, outdoor adventures etc. Are the parks sufficiently different and should we go to more than one.

regards

Jas

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xplor, Xel-Ha or Xcaret

The Xplor is awesome but it might be a bit much for the little ones; I'm not sure what the age cut off is for some of the activities i.e. zip lining but I don't recall ever seeing kids that young there?

The parks are very different. Landscape is similar but Xcaret has a lot "more", of everything really; might be better for the kids as there are people in costumes, Mayan activities like the ball game, dances, etc and a show at night, tons of stimulation all day & evening, vs Xel-Ha where the entertainment is pretty much 100% the nature. If it's your first time exploring any of these and given the age ranges of your family I would say Xcaret, the little ones might get a bit bored at Xel-ha.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xplor, Xel-Ha or Xcaret

Agree with banker_barbie. Also, Xel-Ha is a good two hour trip, then the day thre, then the trip back. That's a lot. Xcaret has at least a little of everything for everyone.

Maine
Level Contributor
118 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xplor, Xel-Ha or Xcaret

We've done Xplor and Xel-Ha. I agree that Xplor maybe tough for the little guys. Xel-ha was great and very educational.

4. Re: Xplor, Xel-Ha or Xcaret

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 06:16