We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecasts for riviera maya in February

1 post
Save Topic
Weather forecasts for riviera maya in February

Im visiting Riviera Maya on Sunday 10th for 10 days. I'm a bit worried about the weather as lots of the forecasts predict chance of rain for more or less the whole time.

Plus I read that it gets cold at night. Is this true as again the temperature at night looks like its low 70's.

Can anyone help... Pleeeeeaaase.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forecasts for riviera maya in February

We have visited this area late Jan. thru early March for a number of years now and it always shows a chance of rain. That doesn't mean it's going to rain every day, or if it does rain, it's not going to rain all day and/or night.

Except for two or three years ago when it was really cold ( not chilly) early morning and evening, the weather has been great. Even the "cold" year, we were able to spend every day on the beach, in and out of the water. Bring a sweater or light weight jacket for early am and evening, just in case. I always seem to need one anyway, but my husband just wears a short sleeve shirt and he is fine.

Anything has to be better than the cold New England weather we have this time of year.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forecasts for riviera maya in February

We will be there 11th - 21st Feb 2013 and I have seen the same forecasts! Hopefully short sharp showers and not all day rain!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forecasts for riviera maya in February

It can be quite cold in the am and evening as stated, but during the day it can help to have a wrap or something. Jan. and Feb. are unpredictable and after too many cold January's, we now will only go to the mayan a little earlier or later than mid winter. Plan to have a warm sweater with you.

Anglesey, Wales
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather forecasts for riviera maya in February

I apologise for asking the same question, but We travel on 27th April for 2 wks to riviera maya. Have never been to mexico before and we are unsure as what weather to expect? Webcams show glorious weather, just hoping it stays! Anything is better than minus 6 in the mornings in the good ol UK!! Please just give me a glimmer of hope. Thank you in advance.

5. Re: Weather forecasts for riviera maya in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 05:15