We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Depature Tax? From the UK but flying in from New York

Glasgow
Level Contributor
199 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Depature Tax? From the UK but flying in from New York

Will we have to pay a departure tax when leaving Mexico? I have read the info at the side on this but not sure as we are flying from UK via New York with American airline.

We are flying to New York for 3 nights then having 8 nights in Cancun. Flights booked with Continental/United.

Flying from Glasgow to Newark

Newark to Cancun

Cancun to Glasgow via Newark on way home

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Depature Tax? From the UK but flying in from New York

Hello

You won't have to pay, it's only the charter airlines that the departure tax is not included (TOM/TCX)

We are flying with Virgin to Las Vegas, then out of Cancun back to Gatwick, I posted when I booked see if we had to pay for it.

Flying American internally

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,910 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Depature Tax? From the UK but flying in from New York

I checked this as well because like Aaron_Hall I'm on different flights. I'm doing Gatwick - Cancun and onto Vegas with US Airways. I checked the same thing "Do I pay?" and the answer is no you do not so long as you are not on a Charter.

My Travel agent confirmed it as well as she booked the flights.

Aaron_Hall I'm doing Vegas afterwards because I want Cancun to be like a Mon-Fri(Chillaxing) and Vegas to be like the weekend(Where we have fun). We considered it your way. Party first and then chill out on the beach but the flights were cheaper LGW-CUN-LAS-LHR so that made the decision for us.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Depature Tax? From the UK but flying in from New York

Unfortunately there won't be much chilling, it's spring break in Cancun haha. We are doing 5 nights and then 7 nights. Enjoy your holiday! When are you off?

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,910 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Depature Tax? From the UK but flying in from New York

May 12th. 7 nights then 4. Enjoy spring break but for me having done the likes of Ibiza, Crete and the algarves as a younger man I never want to be around that type of holiday again.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
199 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Depature Tax? From the UK but flying in from New York

Excellent, one less thing to pay! Thanks. Have fun in Vegas.

6. Re: Depature Tax? From the UK but flying in from New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 06:15