We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Management Responses

Banbury
Level Contributor
228 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Management Responses

I truly belive that more hotels should respond to reviews given about their establishments, it takes a great management team to respond to negative comments and sometimes put their hands up and admit the got it wrong, as well as acknowledging the praise that some guests give.

Who else agrees/disagrees

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Management Responses

I disagree somewhat. Are you talking about reviews on TA only or all over the internet or other publications?

I do not think management should get involved exclsuively responding to reviews on TA and helping their marketing of their web site. If they did respond it should be on any web site, and at that point it would simply be way to much for a large chain like Marriot etc to respond to every review out there on the internet.

If reviews were posted to the hotels web site, that would be appropraite place to respond. Why should management of hotels assist TA with their web site and SEO?

reviews help TA with SEO and that is why they have them plain and simple.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Management Responses

Managemaent of the hotel we always stay at does respond, directly to me, to both reviews I post on TA and to personal emails sent directly to the GM.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Management Responses

I don't care if they respond but they should at least be reading them so they can be proactive and reactive.

Glasgow-Scotland
Level Contributor
818 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Management Responses

dabride..how do you know they don't read them?

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Management Responses

I didn't say they didn't read them I said I didn't care if they responded to them and I would hope they are reading them.

Edited: 21 February 2013, 15:54
dorset
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Management Responses

One would imagine it would be far too time consuming, and considering the amount of negatives that are written that are not always true, i dont see at as being feasible either.

I am sure they do read and take appropriate action where they can, im not bothered in the least about them responding here on TA.

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Management Responses

Management should not bother with TA at all, if a hotel is on the ball the ywill have their own in house surveys and ways to respond and get feedback from customers.

Hotel management should not bother with TA or any other travel site, why build up TA's business? The hotels should worry about their own business.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,540 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Management Responses

Most management responses to TA reviews I've read come across as patronizing, even so far as "thanking" someone for their negative comments. It's like they didn't read and/or didn't understand what was being said.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Management Responses

I have TA messaging service turned off on my profile because of management. TA is supposed to be for Candid reviews and I guess I try to be candid but is a hotel manager heavily invested in his reputation going to agree with me? I doubt they will if you are anyway negative.

We can read reviews where somebody says the staff was rude or the food was terrible and think "That's ok, maybe thats just their personal opinion" and take the ones that say ALL the carpets are dirty and the hotel needs renovations to be somewhat of the truth but the hotel managers have to take them all on board as totally negative which can ruin their reputation.

BUT, if it's the truth then what are they afraid of.

I remember TA's slogan was "Get the Truth" and something as well like "Go Prepared".

If I say in a review "I'm never going back" I don't want the hotel saying in a management response "Oh come back and I'll look after your booking"(upgrade or something) but in reality you want to tell them "You had your chance and you blew it".

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Management Responses

Folder1980

If TA was really after the truth in reviews then it would be a paid site where members had to pay for useage and posters would be 100% verified, including they would have to verify they actually stated at the hotel.

TA make profit through advertising and reviews help build populairty of the web site, so the fact of the matetr is they could not care less how accurate reviews are.

Take a site like Amazon or ebay who sells millions of products and allows reviews of products, should managements of product manufacturers respond to every review? Why do you think ebay and amazon push reviews? Help in search rank on google, that is the only reason. Same thing with TA

Edited: 22 February 2013, 12:18