We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back from Iberostar Cancun. Any Questions?

Plover, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
251 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Just Back from Iberostar Cancun. Any Questions?

Just got back yesterday. We had a great time!! Food good and fantastic beach.! I

Best Seller
Tulum Ruins, Reef Snorkeling Plus...
133 reviews
from US$109.00*
Best Seller
Viator Exclusive: Early Access to...
1,054 reviews
from US$97.33*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Day Trip from Cancun
1,379 reviews
from US$64.50*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Tour and Cenote Swimming...
158 reviews
from US$49.00*
england
Level Contributor
98 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Cancun. Any Questions?

I have booked a beach Villa go in 4 weeks....do you know what they are like......

Thanks..

Plover, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
251 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Cancun. Any Questions?

Carol... They are great and worth the extra money. We were in room 2003 and it was directly on the beach on the 2nd floor with 2 queen beds. There are only two floors. The ground floor Villas seemed nice also. My son was with us so the 2 queens worked out great. It was very quiet and more private than the main hotel area yet close enough for everything. We spent late afternoon on the balcony after a full day in the sun. Enjoy your stay. Let me know if you have any other question.

Tim

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Cancun. Any Questions?

Hey Tim - Welcome back!! So it sounds like you liked it!! We are leaving in 36 days! It sounds like you have an older son but did you happen to notice if the younger kids were having fun doing activities? We are taking our 2 boys age 8 & 10 so I'm hoping they enjoy the kids club or pool activities. I'm trying to figure out also if I should take their life jackets - they can swim well but I'm worried about that undertow. Did you get knocked around a lot going in the ocean? Did you happen to find out if they have any top shelf liquor? Was the steak house good? Did they enforce the men wearing pants at the restaurants? Any other tips? :-) Glad you enjoyed it!

Plover, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
251 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Cancun. Any Questions?

Hondo2

They have a Kids club and it looked like lot's of kids were having a great time with with them at the pool area and club room. The surf was very strong and undertow was strong as well. Red flag most of the week. They do have some top shelf liquor though Absolute was the best Vodka offered and it was only at the main bar. We did not eat at the Steak house so can't give you any info on the quality of food there ... but we loved the French restaurant. They did enforce the long pants rule as they turned away a couple that was coming in the French restaurant and the man was wearing shorts. All in all we thought the Iberostar was good. Think you will enjoy. Make your restaurant reservations as soon as you check in. It was really easy and had no problem with reservations. We eat at the French restaurant twice. Loved the lobster salad and steak. I also enjoyed the small gym and free spa offerings. (steam, sauna and small pool area)

Tim

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
380 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Cancun. Any Questions?

I am not sure if you did use the Kids club however I am interested in the cost.

I am assuming its not included??

Plover, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
251 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Cancun. Any Questions?

We did not use the Kids Club and do not know if it cost extra. Sorry!

england
Level Contributor
98 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Cancun. Any Questions?

Thanks for that..

Plover, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
251 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Cancun. Any Questions?

Hutais

You may want to post that question on the forum.

Tim

portland, me
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Cancun. Any Questions?

My husband and I are heading to Iberostar in 47 days - just curious - what do you mean by "free spa offerings"?? You got my attention with that!! How did you find the gym to be?

Plover, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
251 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Back from Iberostar Cancun. Any Questions?

Beachnut

You can use the spa for the steam room, sauna, and very quiet little pool area free of charge. Confirmed that at checkin and walked right in the dressing room. The sauna was in the mens locker room and the steam room was in the quiet small pool area. Few people take advantage of this but I thought it was great! Same feature at the FACC the last couple years. I think everyone assumes you have to pay for sauna and steam room because it's part of the Spa? Massage services were not included and thought they were very expensive. The gym was small but did the trick... 3 treadmills and a couple of weight machines. Enjoy!!