We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Mujeres Boat Rental

Baldwinville
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Isla Mujeres Boat Rental

We will be travelling to the area in July and would like to rent a boat for our group while at Isla Mujeres so we can spend more time swimming at North Beach than on the tour around the island. I'm not finding anything online except charters. We are looking for a boat we can rent for our group of 7 for the day. Thanks!

Mi.
Level Contributor
417 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Mujeres Boat Rental

Maybe I'm confused with your question but if you take the ferry over to Isla you can walk to North Beach and spend to day doing whatever you choose. You are right in the heart of town with restaurants and bars for your pleasure. You can also rent golf carts for the day to explore the island on your own and take ferry back to the mainland at your leisure.

Edited: 24 February 2013, 12:06
Boston
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isla Mujeres Boat Rental

As DocX said previously, take the ferry to Isla Mujeres and walk over to North Beach to spend the whole day there. No need to rent a boat if you're not touring.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,322 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isla Mujeres Boat Rental

You will not be able to take the boat by yourselves if that's what you meant.. However, you can rent one with a driver. He will take you out, drive and park where ever you'd like with in reason. I would post this question on the Isla forum. You will get several referrals there. I see them all the time, but do not know who comes recommended.

If it was me, I'd wait until you get to Cancun and rent from one of the sales reps at the hotel. There will be several to choose from. Compare price, size of the boat, times of departure, etc....... That way you can see if the weather is going to cooperate.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Isla Mujeres Boat Rental

Hiring a private boat or a tour through your hotel will set you back around $80 per person.

Much cheaper alternative is to taxi the whole group to Puerto Juarez for $35. Then offer the hawker there $250 max for the whole boat for the whole day, which also come with two captains. They will take your group to Isla Mujeres on a private tour or to wherever you want. You have them the whole day. They also stop at a beach club so, while you swim at the beach or enjoy your Corona, the captain will prepare and cook a freshly caught fish for your lunch. They then take you out snorkeling near the old fisherman's abandoned house (lots of fish!!!) and then head back to Puerto Juarez before sunset.

Edited: 24 February 2013, 23:35
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,322 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Isla Mujeres Boat Rental

Very Nice toothxt!

Rancho Santa Fe...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Isla Mujeres Boat Rental

Hi there! Do you have a web link or number for the Hawker rental? Im not sure what a Hawker boat is? When I google it... Tabasco boats come up...lol

thanks for your help, we are going to Cancun for our anniversary May 1-8, 2013

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Isla Mujeres Boat Rental

I'm staying in cancun, hotel zone. Which bus do I take to the isla mujures ferry terminal, is it the city bus R1? Also do you know what the price for the ferry is.

8. Re: Isla Mujeres Boat Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 05:17