We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusives with a Minimum Age of 18 to Check in?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
All Inclusives with a Minimum Age of 18 to Check in?

Hi all, question here- are there any All-Inclusive resorts in the Cancun/Mayan Riviera area that have a minimum age of 18 to check in? (If anyone knows of any outside of this area, but still within Mexico please post as well- the goal is to be on the beach!) It appears that the majority of resorts have a minimum age policy of 21, sometimes even 25.

I would be travelling in the summer (August) with a few girlfriends to celebrate my 18th birthday and commemorate our graduations/university acceptances. What better way than in the sand, eh? :)

Oh also, all of the people travelling with me would be aged either 18 or 19 as well.

If anyone could shed some light on this for me, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,502 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusives with a Minimum Age of 18 to Check in?

In this area

ALL Adults only resorts are 18 and older

hope this helps

Calgary, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusives with a Minimum Age of 18 to Check in?

Thanks for the reply!

So I shouldn't have any trouble with check in at all?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,832 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusives with a Minimum Age of 18 to Check in?

"So I shouldn't have any trouble with check in at all?"

I'm not so sure.

VSD is right in that most adult only resorts require you to be 18 or older to stay there (some allow 16 or older) but as you've stated in your original post, some resorts, both adult only and non, require at least ONE of your party to be 21 or 25. Your best bet would be to check directly with the specific resort.

I'm pretty sure the Valentin Imperial Maya would allow you to check in without having a "wrinkly" in your party but, quite frankly, whilst I love the resort, I think a group of 18/19 year olds would be bored to tears. I'd definitely suggest you stick with resorts in the Cancun area or at least close to Playa del Carmen so you'll have easy access to nightlife etc.

I don't think the Riu chain has the 21/25 check in age policy so you might want to look at those resorts.

Calgary, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusives with a Minimum Age of 18 to Check in?

Llisa,

Sounds like it's best to contact the hotel directly as to not chance anything (though getting stranded in Cancun could turn into a pretty awesome story, I'd rather not, and save my parents the heart attack, haha).

Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to check out the Riu chain.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusives with a Minimum Age of 18 to Check in?

They might make you leave a security deposit when you check in as well; noticed this was a policy at the Oasis for guests under 21 (might've been 25); might be worth asking if you're contacting the resort. Try working with an agent at one of the discount chains - escapes.ca is based out west and I've found their reps to be really helpful, they'll find out all the details for you. You'd probably want to check with the tour operator as well as the hotel.

6. Re: All Inclusives with a Minimum Age of 18 to Check in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 06:17