We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good AI close to 5th ave in Playa del Carmen

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Any good AI close to 5th ave in Playa del Carmen

We would like an AI on the beach with in walking distance to shops,bars and restaurants

Amherst, Ohio
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good AI close to 5th ave in Playa del Carmen

Playacar Palace. Right next to 5th avenue. I have a whole file on the resort in pdf if you want to look it over. rooms, menus, directions.....even directions on how to get to 5th avenue from Playacar Palace.. Message me your email address and I'll send it over.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,147 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good AI close to 5th ave in Playa del Carmen

gran porto real, our first time in mexico and definately made us want to go back, fantastic hotel or if you want extra luxury the sister hotel the royal next door

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,833 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good AI close to 5th ave in Playa del Carmen

For adult only, there's the Royal in Playa del Carmen righ IN town or the Royal Hideaway in Playacar. For family friendly, there's the Gran Porto Real in town or any of the resorts in Playacar. The Playacar Palace mentioned by Joan-OH is one such resort but there are also several Rius. Here's a link to a map of the hotels (including non AI) in both PdC and Playacar (thanks Mapchick!):

- cancunmap.com/playa-del-carmen-hotels.html

- http://www.cancunmap.com/playacar-hotels.html

Amherst, Ohio
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good AI close to 5th ave in Playa del Carmen

Thanks Llisa - cool maps. I knew the Royal was up on the other end of 5th avenue, but couldn't remember the one right across the street from it. We walked between the two to the pier and then back up to Playacar Palace via the beach and there were some large rocks in the water in front of the Puerto Real. Is it the same at the Royal? I've never heard that there were. I was just surprised there were any rocks at all with the beach refurbishment.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good AI close to 5th ave in Playa del Carmen

70luv - I second Joan's choice.....Playacar Palace is a lovely resort. On the smaller side, quiet, with exceptional Palace service. Been there twice....it's our second favorite Palace - right behind Beach Palace. Great proximity to 5th Ave and the ferry dock to Cozumel.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,065 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good AI close to 5th ave in Playa del Carmen

The Riu Palace Riviera Maya is the closest of the Riu resorts to downtown, approx 15-20 min walk, great beach and access to the other Riu resorts in the area.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good AI close to 5th ave in Playa del Carmen

Thank you all for the information! Lisa, these maps help out a lot!

This should make my decision a lot easier! Great travels everyone : )

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any good AI close to 5th ave in Playa del Carmen

I agree that The Royal Playa del Carmen and Playacar Palace would be great choices. Both are equally close to 5th avenue...just a different ends.

RPDC is Adults only. Playacar Palace is not but has a nicer beach. Not that the one if front of the Royal isn't nice but Playacar Palace just is wider and far less crowded. Also not as may people walking on it off of cruise ships etc. Honestly I would return to either of these hotels in a heartbeat!!! I wouldn't return to Playacar during Christmas only because there were quite a few kids there...otherwise loved love loved it!! The Royal is beautiful!!! Both have great food. Gran Porto is very nice as well. The beach is not as nice in front of there as the RPDC or Playacar.

Riu is also another good possibility.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,833 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any good AI close to 5th ave in Playa del Carmen

You're most welcome for the maps but let's give credit to the right person - MAPCHICK!!!! She rocks and her maps are awesome.

All I did was post a link; any twit can do that!

Edited: 28 February 2013, 23:50
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
518 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any good AI close to 5th ave in Playa del Carmen

The Royal would be the perfect choice.