We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

finally booked!!

Kent
Level Contributor
6,292 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
finally booked!!

after waiting to see what would happen with the dreaded dreamliner for november i have booked riu caribe, usual plane. i kept going between a few hotels, but coming back to caribe, then it went down and for some stupid reason i still couldn't make up my mind, then when i did it had gone up £110 each, what a bummer but still! so before it goes up again i've done it, now i will be even more obssessed with TA

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
172 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: finally booked!!

Welcome to the club, we will be at the riu caribe on the 19th april for two weeks , looking forward to a nic relaxing hol.......49 days but not counting !!!

Kent
Level Contributor
6,292 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: finally booked!!

only 272 days to go!! seems so far away but got cyprus in may to keep me going then a long cold summer to get thru, just glad it's booked now, yours will fly!

Kent
Level Contributor
6,292 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: finally booked!!

we go on the 26th nov and it's my husbands birthday on the 28th and we wanna go cocobongos, but wonder if it will be too late to book when we get there, we'd rather go as a group than just us 2, i've emailed thomsons today, to try and find out, did you book any before you went? thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
172 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: finally booked!!

We have not booked anything we will wait till we get there and see whats on offer...think the staff at the hotel take quite a few to the clubs at night time so you won't be alone......

Kent
Level Contributor
6,292 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: finally booked!!

last time in pdc we wanted to go but got so lazy and as we are not youngsters anymore just couldn't be bothered, but this time it's something good to do for hub's birthday, a young 50, friends have been and said it's good and all ages too,

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,644 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: finally booked!!

Dreamliner may be good but I was on the Airbus with Singapore a few weeks after it was launched and peasant class was still peasant class. TV was only 1 inch bigger but there were no more frills really. I generally book an airline on the basis of what the class of travel offers.(BA offers open bar whereas Virgin does not)

I got my letter today from the Travel agent giving me 10 working days to pay off the holiday as its less than 10 weeks to go. Then I drove passed a used BMW in a garage forecourt and thought "I could have bought that instead". LOL What we do for a bit of sun.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,292 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: finally booked!!

lol i'd rather have the sun than a bmw! it gives me a reason to get into work knowing i have a hoilday booked to look forward to, may firts then nov,

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: finally booked!!

Your entertainment staff will have a "Coco Bongos" night. About $60 US per person and you get transport to the club, VIP admission and seating, plus am open bar. Gotta get your own way back though....

I think it's the best way to go.....

Edited: 01 March 2013, 22:49
Ireland
Level Contributor
2,644 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: finally booked!!

Lorra, I'd rather the BMW and the Cancun/Vegas holiday but alas I can only have one and I already have a car albeit a company car so boring and not so fun so Cancun and Vegas will have to be my fun and excitement for this year.

ttcl1, I too looked into those entertainment nights at my hotel(CPC) but even with the open bar $120 for two people to watch a show surrounded by boorish drunks is not good value for money for us at least. In saying that though we are weak minded and the lure of alcohol might change our minds in time to come.

10. Re: finally booked!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2014, 06:17