We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest beach in Cancun

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nicest beach in Cancun

I would like to know what is the nicest beach to soak up the sun in Cancun? last visit we stayed and The Westin which is now the Dreams and the beach was not all that great. Would appreciate some feedback,

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest beach in Cancun

Forum Beach in Cancun is postcard worthy. Crystal blue/turquoise water, located behind the major club strip in the Hotel zone. A LOT of waves though, so not very good for those who are looking for calm, gentle waters imho. Playa le Pearla is calmer but not nearly as significant.

Riviera Maya has the best beach, Playa de Carmen. I made a visit to this beach once during my stay in Cancun, but next time I might skip Cancun all-together and stay in the Riviera Maya.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest beach in Cancun

For what I think is the best beach in the area you will need to hop on the ferry to Isla Mujeres. Playa Norte is an absolutely perfect beach and only a few minutes walk from dozens of restaurants and coctelerias. Isla is a great day trip from Cancun. Rent a cart and tour the island, enjoy the beach and explore Centro.

Edited: 06 March 2013, 01:10
Saskatoon
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicest beach in Cancun

The beach in Cancun was completely restored in 2010. Mexican Gov't spent millions to make it larger. We stayed at the Iberostar Cancun and it was quite honestly one of the best beaches of any resort I've stayed in 20 years.

Edited: 06 March 2013, 02:24
Saskatoon
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nicest beach in Cancun

The Playa Delfines Beach next door seems nice as well.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nicest beach in Cancun

Playa Norte on Isla is also my #1 pick.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nicest beach in Cancun

Thanks guys

Boston
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nicest beach in Cancun

Intercontinental Presidente...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVp90f2Yj60

Va
Level Contributor
10,594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nicest beach in Cancun

By far the best beach in all of Cancun and the region is the beach in front of the Presidente. There is nothing even close in the area. There is a reason that they chose that area as the first resorts when they created Cancun.

dorset
Level Contributor
2,780 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nicest beach in Cancun

There are many resorts that have great beaches, personally i think the long stretch of the 7 has the superior beaches.

Edited: 06 March 2013, 16:33
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nicest beach in Cancun

I agree, lola. I would not stay on a bay beach facing Isla Mujeres such as Inter-Continental and Oasis Viva. The OP did not specify what they were looking for in a beach other than sunbathing, which I think could be done on any beach in Cancun. We all want different things.

OP - what are you looking for in your ideal beach?