We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm not a weather worrier--

Eden Prairie, MN
Level Contributor
138 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
I'm not a weather worrier--

Until NOW!! Arriving Thursday-looks like a week of bad weather!! 60 percent chance almost every day!! Sigh! Any positive words TA friends?

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm not a weather worrier--

Yes....relax and enjoy! Weather forecasting is a crapshoot at best, and changes daily...or hourly. And the rain comes and goes. Be positive....a 50% chance of rain means a 50% chance of sunshine. One trip, a few years ago, the forecast was for 30%-60% chance of rain every day we were there.....never saw a drop the whole 10 days.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,251 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm not a weather worrier--

The Internet is not your friend....It is the Dry season here....Enjoy...

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm not a weather worrier--

I was in your shoes just last week. I consistently checked the weather forecast for the week that we were scheduled to go and the forecast looked rainy and cold for all of the days. When we arrived in Cancun, it was sunny and warm. In fact, we didn't see a drop of rain the whole time that we were there. Chances are the weather will turn out to be beautiful, so go ahead and ENJOY!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,696 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm not a weather worrier--

Compared yesterday's forecast with todays

all the rain magically disappeared

amazing

Follow Dan's advice

Sandusky, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm not a weather worrier--

I know what you are talking about. I am going on thursday too.I have been told that even if there is rain forcast it may not rain at all. Think positive and stop looking up the forecast and maybe we will get some great weather.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm not a weather worrier--

I've never been in march but I have been several times in April, May and once in June. Every single time I have went it has said a greater then 50% of rain for everyday that we were going. Never seen no serious rain. Maybe twice we have seen a tropical shower that lasts a few minutes before the sun comes back out, and brings with it beautiful rainbows :)

We once even seen it shower across the street once. Like literally, not a drop on us but a quick rain shower 20 feet away....

Eden Prairie, MN
Level Contributor
138 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm not a weather worrier--

Okay, the storms have left the weather forecast!! I'm going to be done worrying cause I can't do a thing about it!!

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm not a weather worrier--

We are here now. We have been to Cancun a dozen times with very little rain...until today Lol It has been raining all day. It is still fairly warm but the rain is not letting up. Here is hoping that it rains all day and gets it out of its system!! It is still better than snow, work and cooking!!!! WE are having a great time regardless!! Good drinks, great food and amazing views...even in the rain!!!

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm not a weather worrier--

Weather is much much better today..sun and cloud..windy but lovely!!!!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
297 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm not a weather worrier--

I was there last week and the temperature forecast was around 70-80 for highes.

The good news: it's usually sunny there and the sun is very strong, regardless of temperature. You WILL get tanned unless you take extensive measures to avoid it.

Bad news: it can be very windy all days. Often during the day, clouds would cover the sun and you will definitely notice the temperature drop. It can get pretty chilly at nights.