We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusives with Room Service

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
594 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusives with Room Service

One of the things I am looking forward to at Secrets The Vine is the ability to order room service.

We went to our very first All Inclusive back in 1997. That was also in Cancun and was called Club Las Velas on the Lagoon side. I don't think it is there any more but the All Inclusive was just so, so. Bad drinks and ok food (just ok).

Following that the only other All Inclusives we have been to have been 2 or 3 in Europe and to be honest they haven't been great and didn't even have waiter service for drinks around the pools etc.

So, imagine how surprised I was to learn that at Secrets I can get good quality drinks such as branded beers and spirits and also order room service !

Is this unique to Secrets/AM Resorts or is it becoming the norm in Cancun now ?

What other hotels in Cancun and on the Riviera also offer this level of service please ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusives with Room Service

Excellence resorts (ERC, EPM) offer room service, as do the Royal Suites Yucatan.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,662 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusives with Room Service

I think lots of resorts offer room service, especially the higher end ones.

I know for sure that the Valentin Imperial Maya does. The resorts at the Barcelo Maya complex offer it too but at an additional cost (I think it's about US$5 per item).

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,513 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusives with Room Service

I think it is becoming the norm as far as all inclusive resorts in the area go. Iberostar also offers this, at least the Iberostar Grand does.

Baltimore, Maryland
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusives with Room Service

We have stayed at LeBlanc several times and will never stay at another place in Cancun. I have stayed at other all inclusives in MX and travelled etensively in Europe also. Our our last visit, we learned some tricks about room service at LeBlanc- you can order anything from any of the restaurants that you want- entrees/app, dessert, you name it. We never realized this before, but LeBlanc's mottos is really to meet any request so we were so happy to find this out. You have a top shelf bar in your room and snacks, and upon arrival you receive a bottle of wine and sometimes champagne. We also learned you can just call rooms service to request another bottle of wine or champagne- any that are available in the restaurants. This was a nice perk we found that truely made it all inclusive for us.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusives with Room Service

I think a lot of the hotels that offer room service will include wine and champagne as well - the Royal Suites certainly did, and I believe Excellence resorts also do - I loved ordering pizza and champagne to drink in my giant private hot tub on my balcony at the Royal Suites! These resorts also provide liquor, beer and snacks in the rooms too.

Edited: 19 March 2013, 15:40
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusives with Room Service

I do think it has become the norm for good resorts. In fact, I don't think I have been to one that didn't have room service. Secrets is nowhere near the trendsetter on this issue in Cancun. IMHO, Cancun overall sets the trends for the rest of the AI industry.

romford
Level Contributor
4,443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusives with Room Service

We have been to many All Inclusive resorts over the years, mainly throughout Europe ad have never had rooms service. Our first experience of room sevice was at the El Dorado Seaside Suites last August, and have since booked Secrets Maroma Beach which also offers room service. Stayed at the Tamarjin in Aruba 3 years ago ..... no tea/coffee facilities or mini bar in room!

Regards,

Pat

Glasgow-Scotland
Level Contributor
815 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All Inclusives with Room Service

The royal in Cancun is also great..bar set up in room with 4 bottles of spirits and beers and softs/mixers..24 hour room service which we found was promptly delivered..we only ordered a couple of times as we enjoyed being down at restaurants etc..we also loved the hot tub in room. Now that we have discovered Mexico we will holiday here for next few years. It really gives us everything we want.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All Inclusives with Room Service

Dreams resorts offer room service.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
297 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All Inclusives with Room Service

I had my first room service ever for breakfast at Le Blanc. It was nice to have the food table brought up right next to windows with great view of the ocean. The food was great and the presentation was nice. All items from breakfast restaurant was available and I was also able to order cappuccino from the bar, so I'm pretty sure you could order any cocktails and drinks.

I enjoyed it as my first experience, but was not worth repeat. I'd rather go sit at the restaurant enjoy all the food right there!