We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adaptors

Dallas
Level Contributor
154 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Adaptors

Do we need to bring adaptors for our plug in items at Secrets the Vine?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,320 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adaptors

Nope. Unless you're staying somewhere old or off the tourist track, the plugs are the same as the ones in the US and Canada; voltage is the same too.

Dallas
Level Contributor
154 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adaptors

thank you

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adaptors

To add to what Llisa says, many places we have stayed at only had the two prong wall plugs (and darn few of them). So, if you have a three prong you need to plug in there could be a problem. Check what you have and see if the are all 2 prong. If so, no problem. Also, we carry one short extension cord with 3 outlets in case we need to charge more than one thing at a time.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adaptors

Good advice by Bob. I take a three prong adapter and extension cord whenever I travel in Mexico. I also carry a surge protector since the electricity can be subject to surges.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adaptors

hi, i'm from england, am i right in thinking that i need the two flat prong plug or will the two round that i use in europe alright?

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adaptors

I bought a Skross adaptor one day. Always served me well and not too expensive either. You can get new ones with USB connectors as well.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,320 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adaptors

"hi, i'm from england, am i right in thinking that i need the two flat prong plug or will the two round that i use in europe alright?"

You need to two flat prong version that's usually labelled "North America" (which is, after all, where Mexico is located!).

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adaptors

thanks Llisa, as i thought. now i'm curious about the rest of central & south america. is the flat prong used through out?

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,463 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adaptors

I think so - Costa Rica uses the flat pronged plugs too.

10. Re: Adaptors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 04:18