We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegatarians in Cancun, will they survive?

Shoreham-by-Sea...
1 post
Save Topic
Vegatarians in Cancun, will they survive?

Hi im thinking of going to Cancun in June 2013 and wanted to know if 1) the weather was on 20th June time? ie no hurricanes and 2) if they had much in the way of vegetarian food out there?

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegatarians in Cancun, will they survive?

I would say yes if you are eating outside your resort & maybe on resort depending on which one you go to. The more expensive the more veg. choice. The Royal in Cancun no problem,

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegatarians in Cancun, will they survive?

I'm a vegetarian and while there isn't always a lot to choose from, I never have a problem finding food to eat in Cancun. Lots of cheese/beans/tortillas/eggs stuff available. It would be harder for a vegan.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegatarians in Cancun, will they survive?

Nearly all beans in the region are prepared with lard. I think this makes them extra-yummy, but it's worth being aware of if your diet doesn't include pig.

If beans are vegetarian, they're going to specify that. If not, always assume lard.

iowa
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegatarians in Cancun, will they survive?

You should have no problem as a vegitarian. Plenty of fruits and vegetables both raw and cooked.Maybe more of a problem finding good quality meat dishes. And shut up about the lard Mark. you'll ruin it for all of us.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegatarians in Cancun, will they survive?

My wife is vegan and has never had a problem finding a decent meal in Mexico.

Enjoy!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegatarians in Cancun, will they survive?

As well as the beans, beware the rice too- it is often cooked with stock. But there are plenty if other things, even avoiding the beans and rice.

7. Re: Vegatarians in Cancun, will they survive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 05:16